Netbook within 15-20k...

sjstays

Broken In
Hi all,

I am planning to buy a netbook with 15-20k within this diwali. I need the netbook for three main reasons:
1. Browsing and surfing the internet which would involve watching online videos, video calling etc.
2. Watching movies
3. Working on MS Office.

I am totally new to netbooks so would like what's the best deal that I can avail.

Any suggestion that you can provide will be more than welcome.

Thanks in advance.

SJ

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
AFAIK, HP Mini 110 is based on slow Atom. My suggestion is to avoid all Intel Atom based netbooks as most are painfully slow. Or if you really want to take Atom route, at least get the Atom N2800 based netbook.

OP
S

sjstays

Broken In
just checked the lennovo and the samsung models, with that price do think probably i might opt for a 15.6" display laptop with modest configuration?

Also, does netbook contain a 3.5" audio output jack? cause all the devices that i have checked doesnt have one.

One more thing, the HP mini caught my eye cause it has 3D accelerated graphics while the lennovo has an integrated graphics. whats the difference between these two?

i might be asking too many questions at the same time... understandably u are talking to a complete technical idiot here.

SJ

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
if you want to go for a full fledged laptop, you'll get lot better hardware than Intel Atom or AMD E-series. Pentium Dual Core pounds both hands down but at the cost of battery life and portability. Also a much better keyboard
Most netbook have 3.5" jack. you can check Flipkart as they list all available ports.

Atom have worst graphics (among all processors available) irrespective of it being used in HP or Asus or Samsung. Even AMD E300/450's Radeon GPU is just for name. You can play 1080p video and some old games.

OP
S

sjstays

Broken In
Hi Sam, apologies for not coming back with a response earlier. Unfortunately I am a little tight on the budget part and I am getting confused the way adverts are done especially on flipkart. Seems like all the netbooks and the notebooks are speed demons! If I have to buy a laptop the budget would be around 20k only. Any suggestions that u might have on this?

helpmeout

Broken In
HP Pavilion G6-1318AX Laptop (APU Dual Core A4/ 2GB/ 320GB/ DOS/ 1.5GB Graph): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

Top Bottom