net speed problem.whose fault it is?suggestions required

Status
Not open for further replies.

quan chi

mortal kombat
guys i have a dial up type lan internet(broadband) connection.usually i get 57-67 kbps download speed.and as soon as i press dial within a fraction of a second i get connected to the network.

yeseterday i uninstalled my grapics driver and removed the lan wire from my system.now after restarting the pc i forgot to connect the wire to the lan port.

and dialed on the net connection the connection status showed 'dialing xxxxxxx(my service providers name) it remained like this for about a minute later showed the error 'unable to connect to the service provider.... etc etc....!!!'

then it stuck me to connect the wire.i turned off the pc connected the wire back.started the pc installed the graphics driver.and then tried to connect again now here is what i observe.

1.it takes now a few seconds more to connect (say about 15 seconds).

2.i only get 5-9kbps download speed.today was getting 10-15 then once i got maximum 22kbps.

called the service provider after sometime they said they have a little problem it will be fixed within 2-3 hours.(someties they just bluff)but i checked after many hours later but still the problem persists.though i havent called them later.

but i have worries is it their problem or on my lan.or any software issue please help how to get back that download speed.

please do reply.

OP
quan chi

quan chi

mortal kombat
yes i also think so but the problem occured after those incidents which i have mentioned above.so i thought if i did something wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom