Nestle Maggi under fire from FDA

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
ok, that can be a new revenue generating stream, pay extra tax for tasty noodles
poor people get to buy bland noodles with no additives for discount at ration shops

Tweet and get a tastemaker free.

himanshu_game

Creating New Worlds
Today I read the description of Maggie Packet @my home
and they have written in black "No added MSG"

There are many many forms of MSG so they usually get away with it.

Just to clarify things here is how glutamate operates -

Your brain consist of neurons which are basically cells with dendrites and axons attached to them. Dendrites take the input from other neurons and pass it to the cell region and then that is passed to the output region of the cell - Axons. Most of the neurons have a potential of ~-60 mv and some of them in amygdala are more negatively charged at -80 mv.
Neurons communicate via neurotransmitters namely glutamate and GABA ( Gamma AminoButyric Acid). Glutamate increases the potential of the neurons and helps in firing information from one neuron to another whereas GABA decreases the potential and decreases the chance of firing. Basically the firing is controlled by the GABA which itself is supported with things like Modulators(Amines, Peptides,Hormones).
If there is too much firing and its not controlled with GABA then neurons will eventually die.

So if you mess up with the amount of glutamate or similar compounds in your diet then the firing will be uncontrolled and will kill your neurons.

This explanation is a simplified version of how glutamate works and may not be very accurate.

Last edited:

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
Maggy is banned by Supplyco here in Kerala.
Until they clarify there are no chemicals in it.
Stock are being re-sent to factory.

froyo121

Broken In
Hey Everybody,
Well I really used to Like Maggi and eat it that is one of my Favourite but i am hoping for some good news as I really like to eat it Dont know what will happen next??
Froyo.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Slightly offtopic bugt
India's National Institute of Nutrition (NIN) found an elevated rate of cells with more than one set of genes (Polyploidy) in humans and animals when fed wheat that was irradiated recently (within 12 weeks). Upon analysis scientist determined that the techniques used by NIN allowed for too much human error and statistical variation, therefore the results where unreliable. After multiple studies by independent agencies and scientists no correlation between polyploidy and irradiation of food could be found.
Food irradiation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Indian food testing is just full of errors..

Top Bottom