nero 7 dvd burning problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

go_gamez

In the zone
1>when i write a data dvd on nero 7...it only allows me to write 4.4 gb while tht black dvd (samsung Pleomax ) i use shows that it has a capacity of 4.7 gb ..why is this so .. when i over burn the disc..to even 4.6 gb the data is not written properly..and while writion at the end there is a message ,write process failed ...and the data is not written properly..and there are also lot of scratches on one section of the dvd,....
why is this so ??can any one pllz tell me ??

2>one more thing is there any other good software similar to nero that can let me write 4.7 gb of data (atleast 4.6 gb ) and which does not hogs on system resources ..cauz i find nero like takin out the soul of my 512 mb ram (infact the whole machine ),,also the software should have almost all commons functions..like nero

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Yes, there is nothing wrong there. You calculate 1 GB = 1024 MB, whereas the harddisk manufacturers
calculate 1 GB = 1000 MB!! So at last you can write only 4.4 GB , since the total space is 4.4 GB!!
So don't worry. There is no problem with Nero or your DVD!!

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
go_gamez said:
cauz i find nero like takin out the soul of my 512 mb ram (infact the whole machine ),,

at times... in my system i find which buring a DVD, nero eats up 270MB of RAM and close to 400MB of PageFile... :( this 7 version need some serius look in to it...

digiFriend

In the zone
SI standard 10^3
Each successive prefix is multiplied by (10^3)=1000

BI standard 2^10
Each successive prefix is multiplied by (2^10)=1024 rather than the (10^3)=1000 used by the SI prefix system.

In January 1999, the International Electrotechnical Commission introduced the prefixes kibi-, mebi-, gibi-, etc., and the symbols Ki, Mi, Gi, etc. to specify binary multiples of a quantity.

BI standard 2^10
Name Symbol value
kibi Ki 2^10=1024
mebi Mi 2^20=10,48,576
gibi Gi 2^30=1,07,37,41,824
tebi Ti 2^40=10,99,51,16,27,776

SI standard 10^3

Name Symbol Value
kilo K 10^3 = 1,000
mega M 10^6 = 10,00,000
giga G 10^9 = 1,00,00,00,000
tera T 10^12 = 10,00,00,00,00,000

until manufacture does not use BI standard ,we are not going to get intended capacity of data storage. (and there are no plans by manufacture to follow BI standard because they want to pump higher number by using SI standard )

see another example of different standard:
CD capacity is calculated by BI standard while DVD capacity by SI standard.

(CD capacities are always given in BI standard. A "700 MB" CD has a nominal capacity of about 700 MiB . But DVD capacities are given in SI units. A "4.7 GB" DVD has a nominal capacity of about 4.38 GiB.

you can use Roxio Easy Media Creator 8, its quite good.

Last edited:
OP
go_gamez

go_gamez

In the zone
which is the one that eats up only average amnt of resources and not like nero...anyways i have 512 mb DDR RAM

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
go_gamez said:
which is the one that eats up only average amnt of resources and not like nero...anyways i have 512 mb DDR RAM
u can try Deepburner - *www.deepburner.com/

or

CDBurnerXP - *www.cdburnerxp.se/

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
@saurav_cheeta: Yeah, i consider 512 MB RAM as "less". I even find my 1GB "less" hehe.. Depends on your perspective.. Anyway, i'd suggest Nero v6.6.0.18.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom