need your suggestions!! cheated by a shopkeeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quan chi

mortal kombat
well for two to three years i used to get original rented cds and dvds from a shop.which has only original cds and dvds collection.
so due to this the shopkeeper became familiar with me and vice versa.

now few days back i called to that shop and asked if kidnap cd or dvd is available or not.and got an affirmative answer for the dvd.:eek:

then i went to that shop for getting its dvd.at first he told me its not released yet.:confused: but when i told him about my phone call. he told me to wait and called another guy. then he told me that a person will delever it to my home within 30-45minutes as he is not having that dvd in his shop right now.and took 100rs as the normal dvd rental charge.

that guy came to my place after 1hour and gave me a 'pirated dvd of kidnap and left' now this made me shocked!!as i never expected to get a pirated version from that shop.:mad:

the sound quality very poor.:mad:

now this incident has made me angry.and i am feeling disturbed.how could he cheat like this.:eek:

now i want to teach that idiot a lesson.i cant argue as i am not good at it.

is there any other way

.please help i feel i have been badly cheated.

100rs for a pirated dvd and that too for rent is very shocking and disturbing.!!

have you ever been cheated like this.you can share your experiences also.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Cheated? No. But I knew when the official DVD comes out & would keep a tab of it over the internet before actually renting it. My previous experiences have taught me to check take the DVD & assess it first then pay later. Plus the shop that I used to get it from still rents only legit DVDs/VCDs. For pirated, I knew where to find the obvious.

A few tips:
Better make sure the film has got a perfect DVD release.
Check the DVD cover & the labelling pattern before paying for it.
Always clear out with the video library if the copy is legit or illegal.

iinfi

mekalodu
wait man .. chill .. this is the first time it has happened in 3 years ... i m not justifying what the shopkeeper did... but ..
goto him and calmly speak to him.... dont v to fight ... jus ask him how he cud cheat a regular customer like this and ask him for your money back ....
if he doenst giv .. giv him the CD and return .. teaching a lesson n eveything is not gona work with local goons .. most of these fellows who deal in pirated movie CD/DVDs are goons ...

OP
quan chi

quan chi

mortal kombat
go kill him with a chainsaw, no wait, go kill yourself :lol:

why dont i kill you instead.:D
i am sharing my experience with you and you are joking.:(
please dont mind.but i have posted here for your suggestions on this topic.instead you are also replying like that dvd library owner.

Cheated? No. But I knew when the official DVD comes out & would keep a tab of it over the internet before actually renting it. My previous experiences have taught me to check take the DVD & assess it first then pay later. Plus the shop that I used to get it from still rents only legit DVDs/VCDs. For pirated, I knew where to find the obvious.

A few tips:
Better make sure the film has got a perfect DVD release.
Check the DVD cover & the labelling pattern before paying for it.
Always clear out with the video library if the copy is legit or illegal.

thanks for your reply i will now surely follow that.
please refer below.:D
wait man .. chill .. this is the first time it has happened in 3 years ... i m not justifying what the shopkeeper did... but ..
goto him and calmly speak to him.... dont v to fight ... jus ask him how he cud cheat a regular customer like this and ask him for your money back ....
if he doenst giv .. giv him the CD and return .. teaching a lesson n eveything is not gona work with local goons .. most of these fellows who deal in pirated movie CD/DVDs are goons ...

yes you have understood the problem perfectly thanks.:)i did just as that.went to him threw the dvd in his face.(not literally:D) said why did you not informed me that you do not have the orignal copy.
the picture and sound quality was not good.

he started how can that be "this is an usa print":shock:
(no point in arguing with that)

i just said whatever it was its picture and sound quality was not good and i didnt liked it.and please do inform that you have the legit copy or the illegal one before sending it to someones home.

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
My advice:
How old are you? If you're an adult, go talk to him for refunds. If he refuses, go straight to the Consumer Forum. That ought to teach them a lesson. Want to be a bit passive? Go report it to the publishers of the movie.(I don't know which as I don't like these kinda movies). You might ant to use Google to get to their website!
If you're not an adult, ask a parent to help!

red_devil

Back!
i guess the problem is solved now...

so lets now get a bit off topic : :D

quan chi said:
took 100rs as the normal dvd rental charge.

100 bucks for a DVD rental ?? seriously ??

never had i heard that one is charged 100 bucks for renting the DVD ..

thanks to torrents and RS for letting me enjoy good movies without going bankrupt.. :D

OP
quan chi

quan chi

mortal kombat
@quanchi : jus curious ... r u Chinese?
well what do you think.:D
i am from thiland.most of us are fan of indian movies.we love indian movies.

though i dont understand what they say in the films.but love the heroine dancing scenes:D they are just so s*@y.:D
btw i am a very famous person.just google my name and you will know many things about me.;)
^^^
:D:D:D:D

I think he's Japanese... or Nepalis ;)
i am battameez(manerless):D
My advice:
How old are you? If you're an adult, go talk to him for refunds. If he refuses, go straight to the Consumer Forum. That ought to teach them a lesson. Want to be a bit passive? Go report it to the publishers of the movie.(I don't know which as I don't like these kinda movies). You might ant to use Google to get to their website!
If you're not an adult, ask a parent to help!
visit my profile.
i watch a movie only if its a good one.for this movie i read many mixed reviews.but the movie was baseless and meaningless.
well for now everything has been done.pls read my previous post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom