Need Wifi for home @ 2-3K (MTNL broadband)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

amit.tiger12

Hii friends..
I want to install Wifi connection in my home.
I have MTNL broadband connection with telephone line.
I'm confused over broadband and triband.

I am providing link of my Internet Plan = DSL_Unlimited_650_Combo
Combo Plans - MTNL Mumbai

I'm using Nexus 5 device. And want to use wifi on this.
Nexus 5 WLAN details (GSMARENA)= Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot

My home has 800 sq.feet area. Will install wifi between Bedroom and hall, both are side by side. Will use wifi from every corner of home. So please help me.

I searched alot for which wifi router to buy.
I found this link = Buyers' guide for Wi-Fi router - Times Of India
I'm using MTNL broadband and have internet modem. So, I think, I will need only wifi router. Please help me to find out.
Single band? dual band? Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (which standard to use)? want full speed connection from all corner of my home if possible. please help.

will buy on 30 dec.

vipul619

whodiswhodat
I cannot be specific as to which model you should buy, but I'll list a few points.

1. Don't buy a router only. Buy a adsl+router. It will be double the cost but, you'll not have to keep 2 separate devices and also you need not pay 50rs monthly rental in vain for the current modem. Return it.

2. For that area buy a Netgear or Belkin. Tplink has issues with MTNL, at least my friend did.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
If you do not need a modem but just a router get this TP-Link 300Mbps Wireless N Router (TL-WR841N) - Buy @ Rs.1589/- Online | Snapdeal.com

For ADSL get this *www.snapdeal.com/product/tplink-300mbps-wireless-n-adsl2/640520

Last edited:
OP
A

amit.tiger12

I cannot be specific as to which model you should buy, but I'll list a few points.

1. Don't buy a router only. Buy a adsl+router. It will be double the cost but, you'll not have to keep 2 separate devices and also you need not pay 50rs monthly rental in vain for the current modem. Return it.

2. For that area buy a Netgear or Belkin. Tplink has issues with MTNL, at least my friend did.

Actually I have ADSL Modem (I bought that, I'm not giving rent for that)
What about D'link router? I have D'link adsl modem. So suggest router which suites me best.

If you do not need a modem but just a router get this TP-Link 300Mbps Wireless N Router (TL-WR841N) - Buy @ Rs.1589/- Online | Snapdeal.com

For ADSL get this *www.snapdeal.com/product/tplink-300mbps-wireless-n-adsl2/640520

How is this router?
D-Link DSL-2750U Wireless N ADSL2 4-Port Wi-Fi Router

OP
A

amit.tiger12

I have had very good experience with DLink for the last 2 years ,so I would say yes it is great.

My friend is also using d'link router and modem for 3 years.. he has no issues with that.. I'm also using d'link modem for 5 years.
Can you suggest any good router for me.?
other than this = D-Link DSL-2750U Wireless N ADSL2 4-Port Wi-Fi Router - D-Link: Flipkart.com

how to find rj45 or rj11? what i need (rj45 or rj11)?

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
If you have a telephone line or Dial up connection you would require a modem based router or RJ 11. If you have DSL broadband you are good with a RJ 45 based router.

OP
A

amit.tiger12

If you have a telephone line or Dial up connection you would require a modem based router or RJ 11. If you have DSL broadband you are good with a RJ 45 based router.

Thnx.. then i require rj 11 and rj 45.
thanks for help.

So RJ 11 is router with modem? right?
And RJ 45 is router without modem?

In that case, I'm using modem for internet, so do I need router with modem?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Thnx.. then i require rj 11 and rj 45.
thanks for help.

So RJ 11 is router with modem? right?
And RJ 45 is router without modem?

In that case, I'm using modem for internet, so do I need router with modem?

MTNL usually provides an Internet Connection with a Telephone Line. That means, you do need a Modem cum Router (that is, Router with modem).

OP
A

amit.tiger12

MTNL usually provides an Internet Connection with a Telephone Line. That means, you do need a Modem cum Router (that is, Router with modem).

okay thanks...
So now will buy this router..
D-Link DSL-2750U Wireless N ADSL2 4-Port Wi-Fi Router - D-Link: Flipkart.com

OP
A

amit.tiger12

Thanks all for suggestion..
Tp-link 740N, was my purchase..

close the thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom