need urgent pc configuration - Rs. 40,000

pathak

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: the purpose will be to listen to music, office works, office work like making documents, presentations, playing High Definition media content, surfing internet and downloading. Besides that I want it for my 6 years old son, although I am not that much inclined to play games but my son likes playing games on computer. So I am not able to make out whether I need a good graphics card or not.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 40,000 (can be extended to 45,000) all inclusive including VAT

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: windows 7 64 bits

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 500 or ITB depends upon the budget what I get

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes, 22 inch, and 1920X1080 resolution

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I want to buy each and every component including UPS.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: two to three weeks

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Have no experience in this matter. Will be done by an assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I live in Delhi and would prefer to buy locally either at Nehru place or at Ashok Vihar.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I don't have any experience in building a desktop and I am total n00b in this matter. I have no idea about which motherboard is compatible with which processor, or whether to go for Intel or AMD or other such basic stuffs but I do not know why I am personally inclined to Intel. After studying the threads in this forum, I have come out with a configuration so check it out and make alterations:

CPU : i5 2400
Motherboard : Intel DH 67 CL B3
GPU : HD 6850 I GB GDDR3(MSI or Sapphire) – As mentioned above, as my son will only play the games so this GPU will be needed or not. Another thing I want to tell that I will not be upgrading my pc for atleast 4-5 years from now. Consider this and make your suggestion in respect of GPU and other hardware too.
RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4GB or Corsair XMS 3 or value series 4 GB or G Skill RipJaw 4GB (kindly suggest which one gives good value for money)
HDD : Seagate barracuda or WD Caviar Blue, 500 or ITB
Optical Drive : Asus DRW-24 B3ST
Case : CM elite 310 or NZXT Gamma
PSU : Seasonic S12II 520 w or corsair CX500 v2 or GS600, FSP Saga II 500W
Monitor : Benq 222HDL or GL 2250 HM or Dell ST2220 L
KB+ Mouse : Logitech combo MK 200
Speakers: ?????? (I need 5.1, so kindly suggest accordingly in range of 3-5k, the cheaper the better and if the speakers are not able to come within the budget this time than I can wait and purchase it next month. So do not compromise on the hardware stuff as I have to assemble it from assembler)
UPS : ????????

One other thing, please mention the full product details like full in case of RAM Corsair Memory — 4GB DDR3 Memory (CMV4GX3M1A1333C9) as it will make my more particular while shopping and secondly kindly suggest me some alternatives so that when I go for shopping, I should have some alternative if I do not find the desired product. I am not that much comfortable with on line shopping, hence if alternatives are given I will be much happy.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Intel H67 chipset based motherboards don't support anything over 1333 MHz Ram.

Here is my suggestion:

AMD Phenom II X4 960T @ 6.9K
Asus M5A-880M @ 5.2K
4GB G-skill Ripjaw 1600 MHz DDR3 @ 1.52K
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 GB SATA II @ 4.05K
NZXT Source 210 Elite Cabinet @ 2.4K
Zotac GTX 560 1 GB GDDR5 @ 10.8K
Corsair CX 430 V2 @ 2.3K
BenQ G2220HDL 21.5" Full HD LED @ 7.5K
Logitech Z313 Speaker @ 1.5K
APC 600VA UPS @ 2K

Utkarsh Sharma

Journeyman
I think this config will be okay. And hey, Cilius I dont think a 430w will be able to supply your config.
1.CPU: Intel Core i5 2400: 11k
2.Mobo: MSI H67-MA E35: 4.8k
3.RAM: 4GB: 1k
4.HDD: 500GB: 4k
5.Monitor: BenQ G2222HD: 7k
6.GPU: MSI R6850 Cyclone Power Edition/OC: 9.5k
7.Cabinet: NZXT Gamma: 2k
8.DVD writer: 0.9k
9.Mouse+Keyboard: Zebronics Judwaa 5 bundle: 0.45k
10.PSU: FSP Saga II 500w: 2.2k
11.UPS: Intex 600VA: 2k
Total: 44.85k

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
I think 430W is okay but a better PSU is always better. But FSP SAGA II 500 provides same power as the CX 430 V2 does. Better get something like Corsair GS 500 around 3.3K.

OP
P

pathak

Broken In
As I have already mentioned that for atleast 4 years I will not upgrade my PC, It will not be better to go for i5 2400 right now than AMD Phenom II X4960T as suggested by Cilus.

Another point that is of my concern that I do not want to overclock my PC so the point of Cilus that H67 chipset based motherboards does not support anything over 1333 Mhz hold any importance or what differnce it will make to have motherboard that supports over 1333 Mhz.

Another thing that I want to know is that the game part of my PC is only for my 6 year old son, so spending 10.8 on GPU will give my value for money. I am already is flux about spending 9k on HD 6850 I GB GDDR3(MSI or Sapphire) So kinldy help and guide.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
About 5.1 speaker system, the good & cheap one available in the market is: Logitech Z506 @5K.
But I highly doubt over the possibility of including it in your budget.

d3p

PowerHouse
As I have already mentioned that for atleast 4 years I will not upgrade my PC, It will not be better to go for i5 2400 right now than AMD Phenom II X4960T as suggested by Cilus.

Another point that is of my concern that I do not want to overclock my PC so the point of Cilus that H67 chipset based motherboards does not support anything over 1333 Mhz hold any importance or what differnce it will make to have motherboard that supports over 1333 Mhz.

Another thing that I want to know is that the game part of my PC is only for my 6 year old son, so spending 10.8 on GPU will give my value for money. I am already is flux about spending 9k on HD 6850 I GB GDDR3(MSI or Sapphire) So kinldy help and guide.

You don't need anything above 6770 with Intel 2400. 6850 is recommended only if you're going to play some high graphics games. But your son is just 6yr old & i don't think he want to Play Battlefield 3 now.

OP
P

pathak

Broken In
About 5.1 speaker system, the good & cheap one available in the market is: Logitech Z506 @5K.
But I highly doubt over the possibility of including it in your budget.

Thanks for advice, as I have mentioned that I can purchase speakers after a month of assembling the computer so at that time budget will not be a question. Another this i want to ask does the wattage of speakers has to do any thing with the PSU. I personally feel that wattage of speakers has nothing to do with PSU just asking to remove doubt.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Wattage of PSU= Maximum power consumption by the PC = electricity power.
RMS Power (watt) of Speaker= Audio power.
They are not related to each other.

OP
P

pathak

Broken In
In respect of RAM I want to know for which RAM I should go for the following and which gives good value for money and whether 4 GB will be sufficient for me or I should go for 8 GB.
i) Corsair Value Select 2) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4GB 4) Corsair XMS 3 5) G Skill RipJaw 4GB

In respect of Hard Disk whether I should go for Seagate barracuda or WD Caviar Blue 500 GB

And PSU : Seasonic S12II 520 w or corsair CX430 v2, I think these PSU will be good for me as I am going with GPU – HD 6770 as suggested by D3p

As I have made my mind to go with i5-2400, than Intel DH67CL-B3 motherboard will be a nice choice and if something better in respect of motherboard is there than kindly suggest to finalize my configuration.

d3p

PowerHouse
^your core components...

Intel i5 2400
Intel DH67CL-B3
Corsair Value DDR3 4GB [as you're not OC-ing & 4GB is enough, coz you're not performing any hardcore work also]
WD Blue 500/Seagate Barracuda 500GB [go with the cheaper one]
Seasonic S12II 520w [better than Corsair CX430 v2]
HD 6770
Any cheap cabinet [or else look for CM elite 311 or 310].

OP
P

pathak

Broken In
kindly suggest which brand is good for GPU - HD 6770 1GB GDDR5 from Sapphire, MSI, HIS and Asus or any other brand.

Last edited:
OP
P

pathak

Broken In
CPU : i5 2400
Motherboard : Intel DH 67 CL B3
GPU : MSI or Sapphire HD 6770
RAM : Value Corsair Memory — 4GB DDR3 Memory (CMV4GX3M1A1333C9)
HDD : Seagate barracuda /WD Caviar Blue 500GB
Optical Drive : Asus DRW-24 B3ST
Case : CM elite 310 or 311 or NZXT Gamma or NZXT Source 210 elite whichever is cheap and available

PSU : Seasonic S12II 520 w - preferred or Corsair GX500(keeping an option in hand) whichever is available

Monitor : Benq 2222HDL - preferred or Benq GL 2250 HM or Dell ST2220whichever is available
KB+ Mouse : Logitech combo MK 200
Speakers: F&D F6000, - preferred or logitech's Z506.
UPS :

i) Suggest UPS after keeping into consideration the watt that goes into the above mentioned system, should I go for 600 VA, 800 VA or 1KV and suggest the name of the company which makes good UPS.
ii) After incorporating all suggestion and all R&D the above-mentioned is the configuration, any change needed, open to any suggestion.  
iii) Do I need extra fan or someother thing else except the above mentioned products

kindly post your suggestion, i badly needs them

Last edited:

d3p

PowerHouse
all the core components are looking good now.

For 5.1 speakers, go with Logitech Z506 @ 4.8k. Also keep in mind, the onboard audio is not so capable enough to punch through any 5.1 speakers. Better to invest & get a sound card. My preference will be Asus Xonar DX 7.1 @ 4.5k. They are good for everything.

Dell ST2220 [8k] - costs little bit higher than Benq G2222HDL [7.5k]. Otherthan that Dell features HDMI inputs, which is missing in the Benq Model. DVI Port only helps you displaying contents on the screen, while HDMI can carry audio also. So its your call to decide. But display wise both are good & complete VFM.

Go with Dell, if you have spare budget left to invest, otherwise Benq FTW.

For UPS stick to APC 800va which costs less than 3k. Rest all ups in the same catagory sucks.

OP
P

pathak

Broken In
What are the things that I have to take into consideration while buying the hardward like bill with vat, seal is not broken. Is there anyother thing that I have to see for if so kindly tell me.

All the cables will come with the concerned hardward like cable joing cabinet with the monitor, powercord for the cabinet etc. If I have to purchase a cord what are the things to look for and what will be the price rough estimate.

Top Bottom