Need Ur help guys... Badly ...asap removing Cryptorbit Ransom virus

ksagar7up

Broken In
HOWDECRYPT.GIF

All my files videos, pdfs are encrypted and want to gain access to them again pls
help me asap.../
thanks/.

HOWDECRYPT.GIF

See the image in the link.//..

sksundram

In the zone
Windows Vista or Windows 7:
1. Restart your computer and start tapping F8 right away.
2.You are now on the Advanced Boot Menu. Using the arrow keys, select Safe Mode with Networking and press Enter.
3.Open your browser and download SpyHunter.
4. Install the security tool and launch a system scan.
5. Remove all found infections.

Windows 8:
1. Restart the PC.
2. When BIOS loads, hold Shift and repeatedly tap F8.
3. Click See Advanced Repair Options shown on the Recovery screen.
4. Go to Troubleshoot.
5. Open Advanced Options. After that, go to Windows Startup Settings.
6. Restart the computer again.
7. You will see the old the Advanced Boot Option screen.
8. Select Safe Mode with Networking and tap Enter.
9. Download SpyHunter and install it.
10. Launch the application and run a full system scan.
11. Remove all infections.

OP
K

ksagar7up

Broken In
spyhunter did not work mate....
and also i formatted and installed fresh win7 ...
even then its not allowing to open and access my files....wat to do??

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
once files are encrypted there is no way to recover.learn from this & for future start using a good antivirus & keep it regularly updated & keep a backup of your critical files in dvd/separate hard disk connected to main system only when taking backup.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Use the MS Security Essentials and CCleaner and keep the PC optimised.

View attachment 13113

All my files videos, pdfs are encrypted and want to gain access to them again pls
help me asap.../
thanks/.

View attachment 13114

See the image in the link.//..

1st why do you need to encrypt your drives? These features are necessary for Data centers only.
Press F8 and enter into safe mode and do a system restore to the nearest restore point.If this does not work then you have to make a recovery disk in the safe mode with which you can recover your OS back.
Do a fresh clean Instal of the OS.

Instal and Run any good AV from this link:*www.filehippo.com/software/antimalware/
Also run Hijack this from this Link:*www.filehippo.com/download_hijackthis/

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@bavusani,slow down & don't post just for the sake of posting.if you had read from the beginning you would know that drives are not encrypted but files are,by a ransomware.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
@bavusani,slow down & don't post just for the sake of posting.if you had read from the beginning you would know that drives are not encrypted but files are,by a ransomware.

Even if files are encrpted it can be de-crypted but if it is virus then a good AV is needed.Some windows updates also provide solutions to such files.

Please check this Link:*computervirusremovalcenter.blogspot.in/2013/12/my-files-are-encrypted-by-cryptorbit.html

Last edited:
Even if files are encrpted it can be de-crypted but if it is virus then a good AV is needed.Some windows updates also provide solutions to such files.

How will you decrypt the files which are encrypted by a malware? I agree with whitestar_999; you have been posting irrelevant and absolutely unhelpful posts these days. Take a break buddy. Post count is not gonna take you anywhere.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
How will you decrypt the files which are encrypted by a malware? I agree with whitestar_999; you have been posting irrelevant and absolutely unhelpful posts these days. Take a break buddy. Post count is not gonna take you anywhere.

If it has been encrypted legitimately then decryption is possible or if it is done by a malware then a good AV is necessary.

OP
K

ksagar7up

Broken In
ohh...but it can be deleted but the encryption is really bad and not been able remove it by avast or by quick heal...
i dont knw if the malware is still present or not..
i've reinstalled win7 by formatting the primary drive but leaving the other data drives untouched ....
so i m not able to decrypt it or open the file...

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
no one can decrypt data without correct encryption key which in this case is with malware writers so forget about your data.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
actually files can be decrypted if u try to restore the files what this amlware does it copies ur data and encrypts them and once they are encrypted it deletes them so if u can recover the files and simultaneously take the encrpted version of the file u can actually detect the encryption ........

there was some tool also for this i forgot abt it google it, otherwise best u can do is recover whatever u can and do a clean sweep of ur hard drive as to detect the encrytion we need huge processing power ..........

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
no one can decrypt data without correct encryption key which in this case is with malware writers so forget about your data.

its not that it can't be decyrpted (hell nothing is impossible even if it 10 layer encryption) but it will take very huge time to do it and real professional expertise..........

best thing op can do is to recover whatever data he can using a recovery tool and then do a clean swipe of hard disk.........

Actually I was think that if the malware actually encrypted all data, would it not have took too much time or slowed down the PC too much?

ya when tat type of malware is at work the lag shld hav become noticable..........

also @op what all u accesed from ur pc so ur comp got infected just asking so as others can avoid it..........

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Try this

How To Remove Cryptorbit Ransom Virus , Easy Remove Cryptorbit Ransom Virus From PC | EasyRemoveVirus.com

Download Virus Removal Tool | EasyRemoveVirus.com

Top Bottom