Need to Upgrade my PC... want intel i5..

dr_jimit

Journeyman
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans: Genreral Home Use, Internet, VIDEO EDITING From Full HD SONY Camera, Occasional Gaming and Photo Editing. Blue Ray editing & Burning Later on when it reaches affordable prices.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 10000~ for cpu, rest 8-9k for MOBO, RAM, DVD, PSU. [ u can stretch to some extent]

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: NEVER

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7, in future win 8 also.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Already Have 1 TB ( Lucky to get cheaper before )

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Already Have BenQ 24"

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Cabinet, Keyboard, Mouse, HDD, Monitor,Current UMAX 450 w PSU if supported.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: 2-3 days

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: YES Thanks to DIGIT,

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Surat,Gujarat. [ can buy online also]

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: YES
!
!
----> Planned to buy Intel i5 2320/2400, fixed budget for that. After a lot of reviews for AMD Vs Intel for this range, and for my purposes.

For new Motherboard i am very confused :-? after looking at many MB from various manufacturers. want

-->Best speed/support for i5 processor
--> Never need to Overclock, so must be stablea and long lasting.
-->Preferably intel :razz: [ mine first is also intel board, since 8 years and still working :)]
-->IDE/PATA slots if available, cos i have 2 old HDDs with PATA plug .[ ide not a must, cos 1TB is SATA]
-->Can someone please explain various intel chipsets H67, P67 or Z68 for the i5 CPU, their price /benefits....
-->USB 3 welcomed
-->FUTURRE Upgradability is very IMPORANT for me, more PCI , RAM, SATA slots, & IDE if available. Must support good GPU [mid/high] in near future.

--> 2x4 gb RAM DDR3

-->Simple Cheapest cabinet = I will buy locally after local search.

-->Simple PSU, NOT for overclocking. Can my current UMAX 450W PSU support it now if i dont overclock it or without a GPU ?

After a long time i am posting to Digit Forum, Previously i was an active member for short time here,

So in short i need Stable, long lasting, cool, Near future proof , non overclocking, Photo/video editing/ viewing system.

Thanks ,

Dr. Jimit N. Vadgama :)

Surat.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
processor|core i5 2400|10000
motherboard|intel DH67CL|5400
ram|corsair 4gb 1333|1100
dvd drive|lg sata|900
psu|corsair cx430v2|2300

total:19700

for ide get this for ~rs.360-370(including shipping)
*www.theitbazaar.com/store/our-shop...age=flypage.tpl&product_id=527&category_id=95

*www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/motherboards/desktop-motherboards/desktop-board-dh67cl.html
dh67 has all the ports you want.p67 & z68 motherboard are must if you want to overclock a core i processor & only "k" edition core i processors can be overclocked so these mobos are only recommended with i5 2500k,2600k etc.if you are planning on buying a high end graphics card(above Rs.10000-11000) in future only then you can buy a corsair cx500v2 for ~3200 or seasonic S12II 520W for ~3800.

Cilus

laborare est orare
dr_jimit, the type of applications you have mentioned are highly multi-threaded and a 6 core Phenom II X6 processor is very good to handle those apps. In highly multi-threaded apps it is slightly ahead of i5 2400.

I think you can also consider the below config:-
Phenom II X6 1090T BE @ 8.8K
Gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3 Rev 3.1@ 4.8K
Corsair Value series 1333 MHz 4 GB DDR3 @ 1.1K
Sapphire/MSI HD 6670 1 GB GDDR5 @ 5.2K
Corsair CX 430V2 @ 2.2K

Total is around 22K

Here I have added a good Graphics card. It not only allow you to play games but also in audio/video encoding and image editing software with GPU acceleration. If you're already having a good GPU then invest the money to get a higher range motherboard.

Top Bottom