Need to edit a document. What is the best way to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajayritik

Technomancer
I have one document which needs to be edited (Hard Copy). What would be the best way to have it edited. Should I have it scanned and then take the PDF that comes out of it as source and then using some PDF editing software to edit the document. I think will have to go for some OCR Software.

Kindly help!

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
I scanned the document into a TIFF format. Now I think I need to find a software or application which will allow me to edit TIFF file and then save it.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I scanned the document into a TIFF format. Now I think I need to find a software or application which will allow me to edit TIFF file and then save it.
Actually you now need a software which can perform OCR on that document in TIFF format and save it as a Word document.

rsk11584

Journeyman
if you have full microsoft office there is one office tool microsoft office document imaging in that itself you can scan the document and run OCR on it, but the typed words should be clear, if you have less than 5 pages better type it fast if you have more than 5 pages use OCR and then edit the mistakes which OCR makes in recognizing certain phrases, words, numbers, symbols and aligning formats ,etc/.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
if you have full microsoft office there is one office tool microsoft office document imaging in that itself you can scan the document and run OCR on it, but the typed words should be clear, if you have less than 5 pages better type it fast if you have more than 5 pages use OCR and then edit the mistakes which OCR makes in recognizing certain phrases, words, numbers, symbols and aligning formats ,etc/.

The problem here is I don't have scanner at home I will have to scan it at office and then edit it at home. The scanner at office is giving me output option as only TIFF and JPEG. Not sure if I can edit this formats. I have currently saved it as TIFF.

gk2k

gkbhat.blogspot.com
If you have tiff files then tesseract is the best you can get.
tesseract-ocr - Project Hosting on Google Code

It was one of the top three when it was tested in 1995 and still is a very good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom