Need to buy LCD monitor with 1920x1200 native resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolvb_2705

Right off the assembly line
I recently upgraded my somewhat old system to XFX GTX260 and since then have been itching to upgrade my monitor as well ( current one is Samsung 17' LCD) to tap full benefits of the card. Did lots of fact finding and search and realized that it isn;t as easy to finalize the monitor with so many vendors and options available.

Here are the requirements:
1) Need to have 1920x1200 native resolution. No compromise on that. I've got a 32" LCD TV whcih can support 720p. I have a HD camcorder which can record in 1080i mode, so want at least one display where i can view HD content in its full glory. Again, I'm skipping 1920x1080 as I feel it provides slightly lesser desktop real-estate. I'm okay with the black bars showing up while watching 1080p content on 1920x1200 monitor. In fact, for some reason, i like those black bars which give cinema effect.
2) Lately I've started doing lots of HD video editing, though I'm not a professional and only a hobbyist. I'm not sure how appealing the "wide gamut" effect would be.
3) SInce I've got the fire-power I woudl be interested in gaming. Again, i would like to knwo from experienced gamers that how mcuh of a factor the "resposne time" is?
4) i would like to explore monitors whcih are available in India ( BLR). No point trying to drool over something which cannot be bought here.
5) Budget is upto 21K ( and i can stretch upto 26K, if option is really appealing).
6) This is bit far fetched, but would be good if I get to see the demo of monitors. Seems practically impossible from the initial hunt.

Ive tried to call upon the local dealers and suppliers (computer warehouse, jainex tech, savex) in bangalore and it seems that there is no demand for 24" monitors at all. I've contacted over 5 of them and no one seems to have it stock, or ready to procure one, even if a place the request. need help in getting contact details of LCD monitor suppliers, esp 24/26".

I had thought about these models
1) HP L2445w --> online price indicated is around 22k
2) DELL 2408FWP --> Seems pretty costly, but not able to get the price. Lots of input options, but i woudl hardly use them.
3) ACER 2616W --> Seems like a good fit, 26" screen, PVA panel, attractive price. Not so attractive ergonomoics ( i can compromsie on this) Rediff is indicating 21K. Not available locally.
*shopping.rediff.com/shop/product ... eripherals

Great thanks in advace for comments/suggestions.

Last edited:

emmarbee

Journeyman
Tell any of ur U.S friend to bring a monitor from there.
Tell him that the model name is "HP LP2475w 24" - its less than 600USD but here its 48k here.
Assuming that you know terms like TN panel, IPS panel etc,
BUY ONLY IPS panels - not even pva/mva etc.
Either Dell 2209WA -16k only 1680x1050 res or HP's LP2475w or someother IPS panels.
why? See this
*www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/panel_technologies.htm

harishgayatri

Broken In
Why dont you try Apple HD Cinema Displays or Apple LED Cinema display.

The HD display has a res of 2560x1600 and cinema Display has a res 1920x1200.

But remember it will cost a Bomb about a lakh rupees

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
I recently upgraded by somewhat old system to XFX GTX160

what this ??

1920x1200 & 1920 X 1080 what difference u find ?? the BLu ray & all recent HD videos are optimized for 1080p that means 1920x1200 this wont be necessary !!

If u hardcore Video editor then u should go for 2560x1600 resolution the final one for all !!

Surely 1lakh needed !!

BTW for this one really suits DELL 2408FWP

OP
C

coolvb_2705

Right off the assembly line
Oops.. there was typo there. I meant GTX260. And yes, the motherboard is quite old (GA965G-DS3).

Like I said I'm not a pro video editor so do not need a high end display. Agree that 1920x1200 is not necessary for HD. Just that want to have additional desktop space. I have DELL 2408WFP in my lab, and I'm hooked to working on it.

Surely, APPLE display willl cost a bomb. Even the DELL 2408WFP, as I have come to know isn't a cheap option. But more than anything else, I'm struggling to get any 24/26" monitor locally. Almost all the suppliers/dealers (in BANGALORE) have stated unavailability and not willing to take orders.

Thanks for suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom