Need to buy graphic card

Status
Not open for further replies.

ankush

Broken In
Hi
My graphic card recently (yesterday) started gaving me graphical corruptions and finally after several crashes I couldnt stand it so I had to remove it and had to *ugh* switch to onboard graphics. My card btw, was the the crappy radeon 9600 se. So my question is that which is the best graphics card for AGP.

My sys specs are=
P4 3.0GHZ HT
1.5 GB DDR Ram
Intel 865 GPF/PBZ Motherboard
80GB HDD
DVDRW drive
CDRW drive

1) Since it supports only agp what will be the most powerful card for this category?

2) Does agp go beyond 8x?

3) How much will a 400GB HDD cost me in new delhi?

rustam_singh

Broken In
Go for Geforce 6600 here is the link
*www.xfxforce.com/web/product/listConfigurations.jspa?seriesId=42&productId=94
intel original mobo's are crap... Get Asus

rustam_singh

Broken In
then go for the gt or gt ultra 512 or 256 meg version... that might ri a hole through yer pocket lolol and rip through the games ya play... ;p

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
No, AGP is limited to 8x, PCI-E goes upto 16x I guess...

And most powerful will be either 6800 (is gt there?) or 6600 GT...

OP
A

ankush

Broken In
I want to buy the Geforce 7800GS. Is it coming in 256/512 and which version can I overclock? Please also give the estimated price.

Last edited:
S

shashank_digitreader

hi, i have Geforce4 MX 4000 GPU of 128 MB. i cant play halo with specular and shadows enabled, and how to disable FSAA mode

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
ankush said:
I want to buy the Geforce 7800GS. Is it coming in 256/512 and which version can I overclock? Please also give the estimated price.
You won't find it in India.
If you have enough money to spend on a 7800GS you might as well upgrade to a new 64-bit proccy and a PCI-Express mobo.

ankush said:
Hi
My graphic card recently (yesterday) started gaving me graphical corruptions and finally after several crashes I couldnt stand it so I had to remove it and had to *ugh* switch to onboard graphics. My card btw, was the the crappy radeon 9600 se. So my question is that which is the best graphics card for AGP.

My sys specs are=
P4 3.0GHZ HT
1.5 GB DDR Ram
Intel 865 GPF/PBZ Motherboard
80GB HDD
DVDRW drive
CDRW drive

1) Since it supports only agp what will be the most powerful card for this category?

2) Does agp go beyond 8x?

3) How much will a 400GB HDD cost me in new delhi?

the 6800gt
no agp doesnt go beyond 8x
around 16k(4 a 400gb)

siddharth_dare said:
the 6800gt 7800 would be to expensive to invest on agp with pci overtakin them
around 16k(4 a 400gb)
the 6800gt 7800 would be to expensive to invest on agp with pci overtakin them
around 16k(4 a 400gb

OP
A

ankush

Broken In
So my best bet is a geforce 6800gt/ultra and like what is the most powerful 6800 available (gt/ultra etc)? What should be its cost currently ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom