Need to buy an wifi +modem for bsnl

nickzcool

Broken In
I want both devices in one unit. But I don't know what to purchase as I have no knowledge of wifi routers please suggest routers in fk link max budget is 2k . Please suggest asap . Thanx in advance .:eek:

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Why are you so lazy to browse the FK website?

Well here is the link, your choice,your budget : *www.flipkart.com/computers/network-components/routers/pr?p[]=facets.type%255B%255D%3DWireless%2Bwith%2BModem&p[]=sort%3Dpopularity&sid=6bo%2C70k%2C2a2

OP
N

nickzcool

Broken In
Why are you so lazy to browse the FK website?

Well here is the link, your choice,your budget : *www.flipkart.com/computers/network-components/routers/pr?p[]=facets.type%255B%255D%3DWireless%2Bwith%2BModem&p[]=sort%3Dpopularity&sid=6bo%2C70k%2C2a2

Iam lazy because I cannot differentiate between adsl & adsl2 which one is better and n300 & n150

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
just spend ~300 more & get tp-link W8968 which is the best wifi adsl modem you can currently get under 4000.if you can not extend your budget then get tp-link W8961.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
it is good but 8961 is is better with its 2 antennas which means better range & of course w8968 is the best among three.
W8968>W8961>W8951.

kg11sgbg

it is good but 8961 is is better with its 2 antennas which means better range & of course w8968 is the best among three.
W8968>W8961>W8951.
This is it.
whitestar has completely clarified your concerns and thoughts.
Go by his advice you wont repent...

Iam lazy because I cannot differentiate between adsl & adsl2 which one is better and n300 & n150
Nothing personal brother,please don't take it likewise.

As per my knowledge always go with ADSL2+ (modem + router )and if budget allows seek out antennae for N300, which has obviously better range than N150.Nearly double or more...

Still,study the models provided by whitestar(he is an expert in the world of networking and other aspects of IT hardware as a whole),think decisively,go by your budget. From my opinion you could shell out(extend out) uptill Rs.500/- + of your budget for future proofing(though this term is vague)of the network device(modem+router) you purchase.
Ultimately your decision.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@kg11sgbg,thanks friend but i am not an expert but just someone who collect some of all this knowledge present on internet :) if you want experts see some of the posts on whirlpool(a major Australian broadband forum).i have seen people posting exact mathematical/physics equations & numbers to make their point.btw range has nothing to do with N150 or N300 but it mainly depend on power(in dBi) & no. of antennas in a model,the more the better.usually N150 models have single antenna & N300 models have 2 antennas hence N300 models are considered better range wise.

kg11sgbg

@kg11sgbg,thanks friend but i am not an expert but just someone who collect some of all this knowledge present on internet :) if you want experts see some of the posts on whirlpool(a major Australian broadband forum).i have seen people posting exact mathematical/physics equations & numbers to make their point.btw range has nothing to do with N150 or N300 but it mainly depend on power(in dBi) & no. of antennas in a model,the more the better.usually N150 models have single antenna & N300 models have 2 antennas hence N300 models are considered better range wise.
Hey my Friend,I am not flattering or chiding you nor any sort of sycophancy. At least giving other @TDF Friends their due Honour & Respect,I must say,that regarding Networking problems,issues and their solutions,none has so vividly and lucidly explained the problem with intrinsic details and finally a solution albeit in an easy manner like you.
These are the true characterstics of an expert to a noob like me.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@kg11sgbg,then i must say that you are the most courteous person i ever met online.it is a rare thing now-a-days especially in younger generation online.ironically i have never used a wifi router till now even though i can probably troubleshoot most wifi router issues.in terms of actual experience of using a wifi router technically i am a noob compared to,say,someone like you.:)

@nickzcool,if there is a tp-link reseller in your city you can get it cheaper compared to online prices:
Regional Distributors - Welcome to TP-LINK

Top Bottom