Need to buy a Digicam ... Please help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECE0105

In the zone
Please help me with the choices guys.

I am planning to buy a Digital Camera and have set aside a budget of Rs. 7,500 /-

A friend of mine has advised me to get it from abroad, since the cost would be less and there would be more choices.

If that is the case, I am told that the price would be at least 2000 Rs less than the current market price in India.

Please advice me on a Digital Camera, within that price range.

If I do need to increase the budget, the best camera I've seen is the Samsung S1060 (8.5k here)....

Also, I've checked with different people and can get the camera from either US, UK, Dubai or Singapore.

Please advice me as to which country offers the least price, in terms of Currency Exchange as well.

Thanking you in advance.

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
uuuuufffff.
too many questions?!?!?!?!

well within 7500 u would get SONY DSC S730, Canon Powershot470 and others both are priced at 6990.. and in india.

well its true if u get it from abroad u will b paying less as you have not pay several taxes. ok

-SUDE

OP
ECE0105

ECE0105

In the zone
Sorry about the questions...

Yeah I've seen these two models and have also checked Samsung S860, retailing for 6.5k
Can you please tell me where it will be the cheapest...

This is the first time I am importing stuff from abroad...

shaunak

Tux Fan
You could also try the Grey market.

The advantage of Grey over direct import is that at least you have a brick and mortar store to go back to for repairs in case something stops working. Although he will charge for the repair, since such imports are not covered by company warranty, its still better than having no backing at all.

You could look for the Panasonic LS80.

swordfish

Somebody stop me...
I will recommand you of canon.. it has very good manual mode.. like long shutter speed and low iso and all.. and even as a point and click, results are too good..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom