Need to buy a cd/dvd drive for my dell laptop to replace the damaged one.?

Anand kumar

Broken In
My Dell Vostro 1014 laptop has got cd/dvd drive complaint.I need to buy a new one.When I called customer care,they said there were three options-
1)Product+service charges costing rs.4000
2)Product+service charge+1 year warranty costing rs.9000
3)Product +service charges+2 years warranty costing rs.8000
Note:spot replacement provided in all the three.
I am not that much concerned about the warranty period provided because its not necessary that the product should again get complaint in the warranty period provided.It's just a precautionary measure.In that case, I can go for the 1st option.
Meanwhile, I would like to know about an external drive. In my knowledge, internal drives can't be repaired but only be replaced once it is damaged. Is that also the case with an external drive?
Please help me friends.

aroraanant

Explorer
You can get an external drive for approx 2k.
And its life will be more than that of the internal drive also.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
The customer care guys are ripping you off. Agree with the above post. Buy an external. will last longer for cheaper.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
My Dell Vostro 1014 laptop has got cd/dvd drive complaint.I need to buy a new one.When I called customer care,they said there were three options-
1)Product+service charges costing rs.4000
2)Product+service charge+1 year warranty costing rs.9000
3)Product +service charges+2 years warranty costing rs.8000
Note:spot replacement provided in all the three.
I am not that much concerned about the warranty period provided because its not necessary that the product should again get complaint in the warranty period provided.It's just a precautionary measure.In that case, I can go for the 1st option.
Meanwhile, I would like to know about an external drive. In my knowledge, internal drives can't be repaired but only be replaced once it is damaged. Is that also the case with an external drive?
Please help me friends.

Option 2 costing 1k more than option 3 ??
Get an external drive and get the warranty with no extra cost.

Flipkart.com: Transcend Slim Portable CD/DVD Writer (Black): External Dvd Writer
There... Product plus 2 yr warranty at 2k. Or look at this.

Flipkart.com: HP 8X External Slim Multiformat DVD/CD Writer: External Dvd Writer

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Go for this one. And there's nothing like external are reparable. Once the lens gets damaged (life over to be more precise), you have to replace them, either its internal or external. Normal life 2-3 yrs.

Top Bottom