Need to buy 40+ inch HD tv... suggestions required

OP
M

manuvaidya

Broken In
lol, Candlejack decided his budg-

my post has been edited. this is ridiculous... i hate this.
dont we have a right to express our own views & ask doubts in public forum ? whats this for every post, it should go through the scrutiny of the mods ??

i was made to look like a joker by editing my post... i dont know what will the mods get by doing so....

anyway, i was asking here some doubts about deciding a good hd tv <40k budget...
brand is not an issue... i need performance & picture quality....
i heard that samsung 43E470 is a good performer...
all i want to know is is there an LG tv close to this samsung tv performance ?
whats its budget ?
which one should i go for among these 2 brands if i dont want a 3D tv ?

awaiting prompt replies... i am not a fool to ask just one line which doesnt make any sense...got it ?

aroraanant

Explorer
If you want a non 3D TV then opt for Samsung among the two.
But if you want a big screen size then you need to increase your budget.
The best you can buy in low budget is Samsung 40EH5000 Full HD LED TV.
Samsung 43E470 plasma tv is not so good.But then its price is also very low, so one gets for what he/she pays for it.

doomgiver

Warframe
dont take my post seriously... it was a joke.

i intentionally mentioned Candlejack in the hopes that you would Goog-

on a serious note, DONT go with cheap plasma tv's, they usually have lower performance, and shitty contrast/brightness. stick with LCD/LED, they are the best at your budget.

Last edited:
OP
M

manuvaidya

Broken In
@aroraanant: which one among these 2 is a best performer ?
samsung 40EH5000 or 43E470 ? why & how much does both cost ?

OP
M

manuvaidya

Broken In
some say LG, others say go for LED... why is it that the manufacturer r confusing customers by adding new feature for every tv ???need a time table in terms of price range & technology like LCD, LED, Plasma etc.... and we want some brand names with best performer & best in its class.... can we ask here about that idea ???if any expert makes such a good list & updates constantly, then we can avoid most of the topics related to best Tv etc... what do you think guys ?

Minion

Conversation Architect
^^ Plasma TV provide top notch picture quality but consumes more power and is heavy.Manly suitable for low to medium lit rooms.

OP
M

manuvaidya

Broken In
@Minion: according to you which is the best plasma tv in 32" & 40" segment ? & why ?
pls mention briefly about it s pros & cons so that i can understand it in a simple manner pls...
heard samsung Plasmas come close to Kuros of Sharp in terms of PQ. is that true ? & it is also because of PDP technology which is exclusively seen in 2012 models?
why Pana is not a good option for plasma in mid range budget & how samsung has managed to excel in this price segment ???
astonishing to learn that student beating the teacher in his own league ??? Ekalavya methodology !!! cool.

i need more & more info on these technology... the more you give info, the more happy i will be... willing to learn as much as possible from you all.. dont hesitate to give explanation guys.. go ahead pls...

Minion

Conversation Architect
Plasma TVs are only available in 43 inch and more.
For pros and cons of plasma refer this link
Plasma vs. LCD: which is right for you? - TVs

Read this too
*www.techradar.com/news/television/hdtv/10-best-42-inch-hdtvs-in-the-world-today-657803

LGWRSherlock

LG Expert
LG WRman Sherlock here!

The type of TV you get should depend on your needs and the conditions of your home. For example, plasma TVs are an excellent choice if you are mostly watching the TV at night time in a room with low light. This is because while plasmas have excellent black levels, they sacrifice screen brightness. LED TVs, on the other hand, are a great choice if you will be viewing the TV in various lighting conditions. To use an LG World Record TV as an example, the IPS panels on these LED TVs ensure the best color accuracy and wide viewing angles, all while having excellent brightness levels that allow you to watch the TV in brightly lit rooms.

As with your budget, it will be difficult to find a 42" or larger LED TV with good picture quality for less than Rs. 40,000. I would highly recommend you extend your budget a bit so that you get the most out of your money.

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

yogi31286

Broken In
@LGWRSherlock can you please tell me your review for LG 42LS3400 ?

i saw it lowest online for my LED choice at Buy LG LED TV 42LS3400, 42 Inch LED Price, Best LED India - Infibeam.com

I would really appreciate your help on this.

LGWRSherlock

LG Expert
@LGWRSherlock can you please tell me your review for LG 42LS3400 ?

i saw it lowest online for my LED choice at Buy LG LED TV 42LS3400, 42 Inch LED Price, Best LED India - Infibeam.com

I would really appreciate your help on this.

The LS3400 (whether it's the 32 inch or 42 inch) is a solid TV without all of the frills and extra features of the LM series. Since this is a basic TV, there is only one thing that you can talk about it: the picture quality. The picture quality is outstanding on this TV. The one thing it does, it does it very, very well.

If you want any specific information about this TV, let me know!

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

yogi31286

Broken In
Thanks for your reply.
Actually i went to LG showroom yesterday night and saw 3D tvs also.. they showed me one plasma tv of 42inch which was amazing.. what a 3d quality..

today i did research on plasma tvs and found that they have one big problem of "Burn in"!

Can you please tell me about it more?

I also noted that plasma tvs are cheaper than LEDs!! please let me know some more info on this.. Reply appreciated.

doomgiver

Warframe
^ burn in means using a device in a particular way so that it can "settle" in its best performance mode.

think of it like this :
you have a knife, but its slightly dull. you use it with a knife sharpener (you are "burning in" the sharpened of a knife so that it becomes more sharp)
now, you have a better performing knife.

however, in your case, the performance of the will not get worse with performance; the "burn in" is permanent.

burn-in is very subjective... you might not notice much change, or you might get a large boost in performance... depends on what unit you get.

yogi31286

Broken In
^so buying a plasma wont be a risk?
i was about to buy LG 42LS3400 but got few issues with budget and now i have only one choice to buy 42inch tv with 43k below amount. :(

i searched on internet and got few positive sides of plasma as well as negatives also..

Plasma's are giving better PQ but that burn-in issue is frustrating and also few people said that plasma wont be good with static content viewing such as laptop, games etc which have static content.

i am totally confused now. :(

Top Bottom