Need to build a Gaming PC for Skyrim within 80K

beyalora

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Generic answers will not work. Be exact and avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Gaming. I want to max out Skyrim.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 80k. Cannot extend it.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Not until I know how to.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1TB. (Planning to buy 120 GB SSD once I am slightly richer)

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Everything has to be new. Currently, I just own a Laptop.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: March, 2012.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Never built a desktop before. I’m hoping I can hire someone locally to do it.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Munirka, New Delhi. (30 mins from Nehru Place)

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: If someone could suggest a good Power Supply Unit of at least 850W, it’d be really great. And also a good UPS. Also, I’m a total noob with desktops.
And, because I'm a noob, let me also ask this - Do certain Graphics Cards go well with certain Motherboards? If so, could you consider the best possible combo in mind when writing your suggestion?

Thanks.

Cilus

laborare est orare
I have suggested a same kind config here: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/150558-budget-gaming-rig-80k.html. Check this out.

OP
B

beyalora

Broken In
I have suggested a same kind config here: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/150558-budget-gaming-rig-80k.html. Check this out.

Thanks for the reply, Cilus. In fact I did read that thread a day after I posted my query and it helped. I liked the way you left the 30k slot open for the AMD 7xxx series that are coming out.

Much appreciated,
A happy new year to all.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Just one information. Till date most of the games don't get benefited from more than 1 GB Video ram in 1920X1080 resolution but that is getting changed now. BF3, Crisis 2 and Skyrim are the new examples. So whatever Gfx card you are getting, make sure it has 2GB or more video ram.

OP
B

beyalora

Broken In
Hmmm... I see. Which one do you suggest? I've been hearing that Skyrim is a very CPU centric game as opposed to a GPU centric game like BF3. Do you think that should help me decide?

Again, sorry if I sound like a noob. I am one.

nilgtx260

Maximum Craze
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 12.5K
MSI Z68A-GD55 @ 10.2K
Gskill RipjawX 4x2GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM @ 3.2K
Seagate 7200.12 500GB SATA HDD @ 4.2K
Corsair TX 750V2/SeaSonic SS-850AT 850W @ 6.2K
Corsair Carbide 400R Cabinet @ 5K
Asus 24X Black SATA DVD R/W @ 1.1K
BenQ G2220HDL @ 7.5K
MSI/ASUS/Sapphire HD 7950 @ 27-28K (449$)
Total 76.9-77.9K

vinz rockz

Right off the assembly line
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 12.5K
MSI Z68A-GD55 @ 10.2K
Gskill RipjawX 4x2GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM @ 3.2K
Seagate 7200.12 500GB SATA HDD @ 4.2K
Corsair TX 750V2/SeaSonic SS-850AT 850W @ 6.2K
Corsair Carbide 400R Cabinet @ 5K
Asus 24X Black SATA DVD R/W @ 1.1K
BenQ G2220HDL @ 7.5K
MSI/ASUS/Sapphire HD 7950 @ 27-28K (449$)
Total 76.9-77.9K
G2222hdl instead of existing monitor would be better although a nice config

Top Bottom