NEED THE BEST SMARTPHONE AROUND 30k URGENTLY!!!

Anish9218

Journeyman
1. Budget?
30000. Can Add 2-3k
2. Display type and size?
4.0'
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
Bar
4. Preferred choice of brand?
Sony, Samsung, HTC.
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
Touchscreen
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
Everything.
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
Android only.
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
Everything.
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
All.
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
Normal Day to day uses- Calls, Web Surfing and texting. Gaming occasionally.
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Xperia S.
12. Any other info that you want to share
At this price, the best smartphone I can see from the reviews and user ratings is Xperia S. But almost everyone says not to go for it owing to weak battery :( I dont want a samsung galaxy S2(my sis here already owns it. Any Xperia S users here who can give feedback regarding battery?? And if there's any other better mobile, Please mention..

randomuser111

Technomancer
Hmmm. Well I own the Xperia S and let me tell you the battery life is definitely not bad. Its better than Htc One X and just a little less than the GS3. Anyway here's why you should get the Xperia S

1. Direct updates from Google as its now unofficially a Nexus device. You will get Android 5.0 and other updates much before other phones, and same time as Galaxy Nexus/Nexus S.

2. Brilliant HD display. Except for the viewing angles part, head on its simply the best screen in the market currently. Only the One X comes close.

3. Good developer support now. It's got MIUI, CM9,CM10 and a few custom ROMS and soon will be getting Vanilla Android AOSP from Google, and AOKP as well.

4. Great audio quality. Only the S3 and Iphone 4s match the XS in terms of audio quality currently.

There are a lot of other reasons too but these are some of the major ones.

As for alternates, if battery life is of great concern you can take a look at the Moto Razr Maxx. But then, Moto ASS is questionable in India. There is also Htc One X with a bigger screen, Quad Core CPU, and some fancy features around 35k. And 36k you can get GS3 which is currently the most powerful phone.

But in terms of battery life Moto Droid Razr > GS3 > Xperia S > One X

aroraanant

Explorer
In your budget the best is the HTC One X, go for it, it is an amazing phone.
Otherwise you can have a look at Xperia S too if you want to something good and want to save some money too.It will cost you 27k.

faiz0210

Broken In
I own One X and let me tell you its a beautifull phone and I absolutely love it. But spending 35k over a phone is a big deal.
Even though its a quad core phone i prefer to run it on 2 cores only, battery is slightly on the weaker side.
So if the processor doesn't matter much to you then i would suggest go with Xperia S, cheaper, better battery, good screen and a good official Rom development section.

OP
A

Anish9218

Journeyman
okk guys, thank you for ur feedback, Ill be going for Xperia S. Most probably will be getting it from Singapore (Its 21k there) and its 29k here in malls and cell shops. I dont think any repairs or replacement of parts in my phone will exceed 8k. :)
BTW there's a new Sony Phone going to be launched 4.7' screen Hayabusa. Dont know if I should wait for it or no.

ShyamS

Broken In
I would recommend HTC One X as well. They are push a new update today which make it super smooth and great battery life. Compared so Samsung HTC has better build quality and premium look.

aroraanant

Explorer
Online it is always available at a good price, add a coupon and make the price go down a lil more that makes it a cheapest and the best deal to buy :wink:

aroraanant

Explorer
Few days back One X was available for 33.5k on ebay and with it there was a scheme in which you could have got a nokia phone worth 3.5k but now thats over but instead of that nokia phone now one can grab some other gift.

JamesTryForYou

In the zone
Go for HTC OneX. As per the specification go it is the best. And the build quality is good too, the best part is inspite if its large screen it slides and fit perfectly in pocket....
Get a good quality screen guard though...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Now with all that out of the way, I think my flagship phone recommendation for most consumers is still the One X. The industrial design, display panel, and camera are absolutely top notch, and other than the software side of things, it’s hard to find an area in which the Optimus 4X HD is significantly better. The HTC just offers a better all around hardware package than the O4X HD, even though they are based on essentially the same silicon - the surrounding features like design, display, camera are the ones that make a difference. It’s polished, powerful, and impressive - traits that are important in a high-end phone.

Anandtech review of LG 4X HD

Top Bottom