Need Suggustion for my Ultimate Gaming Machine :D

vinumsv

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:Gaming

All High End Games (Currently EvE Online , Crysis 2 , Battlefield 3)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 90k rs

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:Yes

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Win 7/8

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:2TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Have 2 LG 22" HD monitors running @ 1920×1080 60hz

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:Monitors , KB , Mouse , Speakers

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:Now

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:All my previous systems are custom built by me

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Chennai , Yes

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Here is the Spec i have in mind

MotherBoard: Asus P8Z77-V
GPU SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 (Bought)
CPU Intel Core i7 3770k ivy Bridge Processor 3.5GHz
Ram Corsair Vengeance 4GB DDR3 1600MHz x 4
PSU Corsair Power Supply 850 watts TX850

Last edited:

pearleye

If its only for gaming purpose go for i5 processor (i5 3570k).
Save the money you get from this and increase your RAM to 8gb 1600 MHz....

sharang.d

Youngling
850 watts PSU is not required.
Corsair TX650V2 would be MUCH MORE than enough.

For mobo choose any one of these :
ASUS p8z77-v/v pro/m pro or ASUS maximus V gene

RAM:
8G X 2
or 4G X 2 CL9 1600Mhz
as per requirement.

Processor:
i5-3570k/2500k

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Asrock Boards are also good. You can check Z77 Extreme 4 and Extremme 6

please stop promoting the parts everywhere, that when being sold, would give you max profit.
In a more straight way Asrock = 2nd class brand = nor worthy of suggesting in any thread where OP have >40K budget. It is good for <30K rigs though.

havoknation

Journeyman
please stop promoting the parts everywhere, that when being sold, would give you max profit.
In a more straight way Asrock = 2nd class brand = nor worthy of suggesting in any thread where OP have >40K budget. It is good for <30K rigs though.

Its not like that bro, Asrock were not good on 775 platform and all but on 1155 they have made an amazing Extreme series. You can check reviews on tomshardware. I am not saying they are better then Asus or something. They are giving good specs at low prices. and FYI.. we have all asus boards also in stock and its not about profit margin.
See I am here to help all of the guys but if I am wrong on Asrock boards then you are most welcome to correct me.

sharang.d

Youngling
Talking about AsRock I was surprised when I saw this : *hwbot.org/newsflash/1805_asrock_z7...ecord_i7_3770k_at_7.136ghz_with_liquid_helium

I think AsRock boards are very good for the price that they offer.(viz Extreme 4 & 6)
It's like if you're not a complete BIOS freak and/or you don't wanna spend much on the motherboard coz of any reason whatsoever you can go for ASRock.
Tom's hardware has been praising asrock a lot since the z77 boards came out..

What I'd recommend is make a build w/o ASRock and then if you're going over the budget change motherboard to AsRock.

havoknation

Journeyman
Talking about AsRock I was surprised when I saw this : *hwbot.org/newsflash/1805_asrock_z7...ecord_i7_3770k_at_7.136ghz_with_liquid_helium

I think AsRock boards are very good for the price that they offer.(viz Extreme 4 & 6)
It's like if you're not a complete BIOS freak and/or you don't wanna spend much on the motherboard coz of any reason whatsoever you can go for ASRock.
Tom's hardware has been praising asrock a lot since the z77 boards came out..

What I'd recommend is make a build w/o ASRock and then if you're going over the budget change motherboard to AsRock.

True..

Incrediable

Broken In
Core i7 3770K ivy bridge - 20k
Asrock z77 Extreme 4 -10k
Cooler Master HAF 912 Cabinet - 4.5k
Seagate Barracuda 2TB/64mb cache/6.0 gbps HDD - 6.5k
NZXT Sentry LXE fan controller - 3.5k
Corsair TX750 v2 85% certified enthusiast series PSU - 7k
Intel SSD series 330 sata3 60 GB - 4.5k
G.Skill Ripjaw 8x1GB DDR3/1600Mhz RAM - 4k
GPU - ATI RADEON 7970 - 30k
COOLER - Havik 140

I bought this configuration last week and It is awesome.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Its not like that bro, Asrock were not good on 775 platform and all but on 1155 they have made an amazing Extreme series. You can check reviews on tomshardware. I am not saying they are better then Asus or something. They are giving good specs at low prices. and FYI.. we have all asus boards also in stock and its not about profit margin.
See I am here to help all of the guys but if I am wrong on Asrock boards then you are most welcome to correct me.

Ok. That's nice to know. :)
No worries. I was clarifying the doubt which came in my mind after seeing some of your posts.

OP
V

vinumsv

CPU Intel Core i7 3770k ivy Bridge Processor 3.5GHz
Ram Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600MHz x 2
PSU Corsair Power Supply 850 watts TX850

Latest Update after the suggestion in here

CPU : Intel Core i7 3770k ivy Bridge Processor 3.5GHz
Ram : Corsair Vengeance 4GB DDR3 1600MHz x 4
PSU : Corsair Power Supply 850 watts TX850 *Suggestions Needed* need em if i go xfire mode
SSD : OCZ Agility 4 SATA 3 128GB : AGT4-25 SAT3-128G *Suggestions Needed*
Cabinet : *Suggestions Needed*

Note : Already own

DISPLAY LG 22" Full HD Monitors x 2
HDD Segate 500GB SATA Drive
EHDD 2TB Drive
Keyboard , Mouse , Speakers ..

so my budget of 90k is excluding of all i mentioned above . in near future i might go for a xfire configuration .

THanks for inputs so far.. :-D

acewin

Point Blanc
Yeah biostar AsRock these are all 2nd class brands and come behind Asus, gigabyte, MSI; but component build has also gone better since the times of 775 to now(this is over all for every brand not just AsRock). Every maker uses solid-state capacitors, which have longer life.
AsRock and BioStar always have tried to provide a well-featured mobo, hence there is nothing wrong in them.

It is more of our thinking, I think the same that is Asus products will be much better. And my idea of suggesting is, if I am not interested in buying something you should not suggest that. That is why suggest AsRock less

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
If you are planning to overclock then you should go for the ASUS Maximus V GENE Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com. I've bought it just a few days ago,it has rock solid performance and the BIOS is awesome. And guess what,it looks badass. :cool: . There is no mention of Cabinet in your post,so I'm suggesting that you buy something like Corsair White 500R Mid Tower Cabinet | Cabinet | Flipkart.com for nice airflow and cable management. As your rig will be used for gaming an i7 is not necessary.Go for the Intel 3.4 GHz FCLGA1155 Core i5 3570K Processor | Processor | Flipkart.com and a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Cooler | Cooler | Flipkart.com for it.

And if you don't mind can I ask which mouse and keyboard are you using? If it is a simple multimedia one then I really suggest you to upgrade to a Gaming Keyboard and Mouse.

Darth Vader

In the zone
OK guys..he's (OP) a friend of mine and his post/editings goes through MOD approval and so the response is delayed.

He got 90k Budget and the purpose of this PC is for gaming + a lot of other CPU intensive work is involved.
He already has the below components
Sapphire HD7870 (Crossfire in future),
2 * LG 1080p Monitor,
KB/M,Speakers,
2 TB HDD,
Audio Technica ATH-M50 and Fiio E7 DAC + Amp.

Only Components Needed @ 90k Budget:
CPU w cooler + MOBO + RAM + PSU + Cabinet + SSD

So plz suggest the best within the 90k budget :)

Last edited:

Darth Vader

In the zone
OK guys..he's a friend of mine and his post/editings goes through MOD approval and so the response is delayed.
He got 90k Budget and the purpose of this PC is for gaming + a lot of other CPU intensive work is involved.

^^
Move to another thread, this isn't the place for you.
Create a new thread.
hmm..read the post carefully before advising me to create a new thread.
I was posting on behalf of my friend (OP).

vkl

Cyborg Agent
CPU - i7 2600k - 17.5k or i7 3770k - 21k
Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77-V PRO - 17k
CPU cooler - Noctua NH-D14 - 5.5k
RAM - G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3(F3-12800CL10S-8GBXL) 8GB*2 RAM - 7.5k
PSU - Corsair HX850 - 11k
Cabinet - Corsair carbide 400R - 5k
SSD - OCZ 256GB Vertex 4 SSD - 15K

i7 2600k overclocks better and heats lesser than i7 3770k.i7 3770 has faster quick sync.

sharang.d

Youngling
^You beat me to it :p

Good one.

If you still have more money to spend then get a Full Tower, additional fans and Intel SSDs.

Top Bottom