Need suggestions to re-organize this section

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
all right, I see many threads regarding the same queries. How can we organize them???

It really gets boring after some time when you have to repeat the same things over and over again.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
things we need:

1. a mobile pricelist thread (updated).
2. best buy Android mobiles (this can be done easily). and you or desibond can update the list based on other's suggestion.
3. best buy camera mobile thread.

4. making the above 3 threads sticky.

for any other query i think a dedicated thread is needed. but most of the threads here are about "which android mobile to buy for *** amount".

siddhesh222

Journeyman
We don't even need 3 seperate thread for those queries ^^, All those questions can be integrated in one sticky thread.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
yup. can be. but i mean 3 threads. first page for the pricelist & the rest for the discussion about the mobiles to be listed.

let some more members & mods give their opinion on my idea.

andro

Broken In
Completely agreed with sam,try to make price list as it the computer section where prices are updated every 15th day (as phone prices changes rapidly w.r.t. to computers).Get the prices from the online sites like flipkart,letsbuy because generally they are the one with latest prices and new offerings.Also include top phones of each category though by everyone's opinion.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Make a thread-
1) Price check thread
2) General query thread (like laptops, GPU)
3) A misc buying and other discussion thread

azzu

AJJU
Completely agreed with sam,try to make price list as it the computer section where prices are updated every 15th day (as phone prices changes rapidly w.r.t. to computers).Get the prices from the online sites like flipkart,letsbuy because generally they are the one with latest prices and new offerings.Also include top phones of each category though by everyone's opinion.

Wooaaahhh ???
you guys almost Stole my Idead :p ( Jokin ) ......
i have been working on this From almost a week and Here's the Final Result
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobile-monsters/143409-mobile-deals-recomended-digitians.html
Need feedback to improve the Thread

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
ok, I have unstuck the old Price update thread and locked it.

Azzu, shall I rename your thread to something general like: Price update + mobile deals thread ?? and then stick it on top??

azzu

AJJU
renaming to Mobile Deals +price update Thread.wud be good(i guess)
but i dont want it to Sound too boring like other Sticky threads..
Any more suggestions are Welcome

Gollum

Collector
android apps sticky
symbian apps sticky
ios apis sticky
same for games sticky
mobile phone reviews subform

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@ico, i think its better to lock thread asking the same old question again & again & again. the same way you done to that "Android @ <10k" thread.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
It's ok, I, desiibond and asingh already discussed this thing in the morning, and desiibond already started working.

A big thanks to him :)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
What we need is a locked thread and is must be stickied and should contain the following-

THREAD TITLE: Android Phone Below Rs.10000
Body: Phone to go for LG Optimus One P500

Nothing else should be mentioned. We have way way way wayyyy tooo many repetative threads :mad:

Krishnandu.Sarkar said:
It's ok, I, desiibond and asingh already discussed this thing in the morning, and desiibond already started working.

A big thanks to him
Good job Bond. We are waiting for it :D

1. remove old stick threads like "Your favourite Symbian Apps of all time"

I guess symbian is history now, and we need a title like "your favourite Android apps of all time" :p

2. There should be only one guide to the price list/current phones etc rather thn 2-3 sticky posts which looks like a mess.

3. add customize rank for mobile freak users, who are helping others in deciding which one to choose specially like desiibond.

4. tons of thread like "need a mobile for 14k, need a phone upto 15k, budget 20k looking for android phone, need a camera phone, need this/that. Make a template that is necessary to post, to get help else remove such threads.

5. 2-3 sticky topics based on phones upto 10k, upto 20k, and upto 30k which are suggested by the members. Easier for members to check out the best available in their budget.

6. still thinking :p

azzu

AJJU
2. There should be only one guide to the price list/current phones etc rather thn 2-3 sticky posts which looks like a mess.

3. Add customize rank for mobile freak users, who are helping others in deciding which one to choose specially like desiibond.

4. Tons of thread like "need a mobile for 14k, need a phone upto 15k, budget 20k looking for android phone, need a camera phone, need this/that. Make a template that is necessary to post, to get help else remove such threads.

5. 2-3 sticky topics based on phones upto 10k, upto 20k, and upto 30k which are suggested by the members. Easier for members to check out the best available in their budget.

6. Still thinking :p
+1
:)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
ok got a couple of more ideas about organizing this thread. how about adding a sub forum for mobile problems & troubleshooting? so that the primary section is for buying decision only.

Mobile Monesters -- Primary

Make a sub forum called " Buying Advice " .

Make Symbian , Android Apps of all time . Sticky :p

In the primary section we discuss issues regarding mobiles . No Buying talk .

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
The thread created by azzu is really good...
what we need here is the price list of all available mobiles + there shud be link beside
each particular mobile redirecting to GSM arena or fonearena so that user can
click on it for features instead of asking i want music,wifi etc....

also the phones should be grouped according to price coz user first check the mobiles according to their price

so the groups shud be like 5k,10k,15k etc

& after all this it shud a read only thread with update signature date below

Top Bottom