Need suggestions on buying a cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

raksrules

Youngling
Hi all,
I need suggestions on buying a new cycle. My primary purpose is for office commuting which is around 15 Kms from my home. Please suggest me something. It should not be expensive. Infact i am looking for a sub 5k model. I can purchase the bike from Mumbai / Pune. The bicycle should be strong enough as i am a bit on the heavier side :D
Someone suggested me the Raleigh brand. There are others like Trek etc but i suppose they are very much out of reach for me.

Thanks in advance.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Look no Further.
Its a Hero Ranger Swing.

*www.herocycles.com/images/rs.jpg

Check this Site for futher details.
Source

Great for Workout and easy on the knees.

nix

well i think having gears will make your job easy and may not help to losing weight.. so i think its better you buy gearless. buy one with suspension tho...

Buy this one
Cost - No idea
Build- around mid 1880's

*i33.tinypic.com/2itr3q0.jpg

or

*www.murugappa.com/news_events/press_releases/images/ladybird_splash.jpg

:p:p

Jokes apart Hero Swing is a better cycle worth its money. I have used it for a year.:cool:

Buy this one
Cost - No idea
Build- around mid 1880's

*i33.tinypic.com/2itr3q0.jpg

or

*www.murugappa.com/news_events/press_releases/images/ladybird_splash.jpg

:p:p

Jokes apart Hero Swing is a better cycle worth its money. I have used it for a year.:cool:

I had thought in your next post i will find a tricycle Mishrajee

D

Deleted member 26636

if you want to ride for 15kms don't buy ranger swing..it will break your back...BTW how old are you? you might laugh at me but the old vintage hero royal cycle is the most comfortable cycle i've ever ridden..when buying a cycle check the distance of the handlebars from the seat if it is far away & you have to stretch your hands or lean down, you will soon start developing bach aches, the hero royal may look vintage but it offers the smoothest ride...i have one that belonged to my father when he was my age..more than 30 yrs old & its still working fine.

if you want to ride for 15kms don't buy ranger swing..it will break your back...BTW how old are you? you might laugh at me but the old vintage hero royal cycle is the most comfortable cycle i've ever ridden..when buying a cycle check the distance of the handlebars from the seat if it is far away & you have to stretch your hands or lean down, you will soon start developing bach aches, the hero royal may look vintage but it offers the smoothest ride...i have one that belonged to my father when he was my age..more than 30 yrs old & its still working fine.

I agree

its a great thought that you are want to use a bicycle : great because its pollution free ( both air and noise)

i would advise you to go for the yoTeen bike
*www.induselectrans.com/yo_teen.htm

visit the page and you will find the address of the dealer and cost details.
dont ignore because of the "teen" tag.
as you have already specified that you are slightly overweight and assuming that you have left cycling since last few years the yo bike would be a great choice as its electrical and you will be able to use the electric mode when exhausted after driving a few miles.

go electrical

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26636

I agree

its a great thought that you are want to use a bicycle : great because its pollution free ( both air and noise)

i would advise you to go for the yoTeen bike
*www.induselectrans.com/yo_teen.htm

visit the page and you will find the address of the dealer and cost details.
dont ignore because of the "teen" tag.
as you have already specified that you are slightly overweight and assuming that you have left cycling since last few years the yo bike would be a great choice as its electrical and you will be able to use the electric mode when exhausted after driving a few miles.

go electrical

now thats a very good idea.

OP
raksrules

raksrules

Youngling
I would prefer cycle only. I am 25 years old. So would like a cycle which also looks decent (you know what i mean). My dad had one of those vintage looking cycles and he used it for like 25 years and now his office peon is using it. It very very sturdy and long lasting. Even now at the age of 59 he is using a cycle.

I had a check on few cycles but i have to tell you all that cycle prices have infact been inflated. They come no less than 5k for a decent 18 geared one.
Cycles with disc brakes are cool but very costly (upward of 8.5k) and simply out of reach. I have hence zeroed down on hero or hercules. i will be going to budhwar peth in Pune here this weekend to have a look and buy them.

Any suggestions and any alternate place in Pune from where i can buy the same, then please let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom