Need Suggestions on 2 TB External HDD

ajayritik

Technomancer
My friend plans to buy a 2 TB External HDD. What are the options for him?
Main purpose is to store personal photos , videos etc.
I was suggesting WD but not sure which exact model to go for?
Can someone please guide on the same?

DK_WD

WD Official
Hi [MENTION=29208]ajayritik[/MENTION],

I would like to add a word to help in selection of external HDD. For your information, each WD product have different specification and different purpose of use.

The main difference between them is that WD My Passport and WD My Passport Ultra incorporates a hardware encryption, and WD Elements does not.

Also, WD Elements comes without any software, whereas WD My Passport Ultra and WD My Passport has a lot of features with it.

For more information about WD External drives, you may visit the below link:

Support Answers

Hope it helps

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer

I would like to add a word to help in selection of external HDD. For your information, each WD product have different specification and different purpose of use.

The main difference between them is that WD My Passport and WD My Passport Ultra incorporates a hardware encryption, and WD Elements does not.

Also, WD Elements comes without any software, whereas WD My Passport Ultra and WD My Passport has a lot of features with it.

Support Answers

Hope it helps

Can you give some basic difference and advantage of Ultra over the Elements.
Considering my purpose will it help?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Just get the cheapest WD drive with 3 years warranty. Don't get one which requires external power unless the price difference is significant.

DK_WD

WD Official
Can you give some basic difference and advantage of Ultra over the Elements.
Considering my purpose will it help?

The main difference between them is that WD My Passport Ultra incorporates a hardware encryption, and WD Elements does not.

Also, WD Elements comes without any software, whereas WD My Passport Ultra has a lot of features with it.

Support Answers

Just a suggestion, if you don't have the budget problem and looking for backup device, then WD My Passport Ultra is the way to go. It comes with the full version of the WD SmartWare Pro software. It's a pretty simple and straightforward backup software that uses minimal PC resources. Set it up once and you can forget about it

Hope this information helps you :)

Top Bottom