Need suggestions in Headphones for Rs 10K-12K

OP
S

sanudigit

Broken In
Hi all
Thank you all for your support and views.I finally pulled the trigger on Sennheiser HD 558. Well the remember the price fiasco.I ordered in a of Ebay site and everyone told me that they were 'Out of stock'.Well that was rehearsed, whenever there is a price hike who would wanna sell at a lower than market price? Shot off a very angry email at Sennheiser and a couple of days later an employee of Sennheiser himself delivered a Brand New Headphone to my home and that too at old price.I changed my decision from HD 598 to HD 558 as I saw in most of the forums specially in Head-Fi and others that 558 and 598 basically has the same drivers and also sound almost the same. 558 has little more bass which attraced me as without a little bass 'colouring' it would sound boring and not musical.598 is little more comfortable .
Well after unboxing first impressions were confusing.
Comfort :Was not superbly comfortable as I read in some sites. But I guess that would require some time to soften up.The ear pads were very good but the clamping at the both sides of head was a bit tight.
Music: As I turned on the music ( My source was a Samsung Galaxy SLCD ) couple of Bass heavy and medium bass songs , bass was obviously not as thumping as my Klipsch Image S4 but was very soft and likable. Experience was in fact -pleasant.
Then I turned on some vocal songs by Jagjit Singh - and boy I was MESMERISED. Unparallaled music / soungstage / exact amount of bass / and superb treble.
Well this was just my experience for 0-5 hr burn in.I hope it improved a lot after say 50 hrs .Any kind of soft vocals sound fantastic even at zero burn in.

Now I see in this forum some guys have HD 558 / HD598 , so I have a question for them --do this headphone require amplifiers ? , So far I like the sound from both my laptop and mobile phone better than Klipsch Image .Will post again some reviews /opinions when these phones become 100 hour old.
Thanks
Sanu

red dragon

Master troll
Invest on an entry level amp like FiiO E11 or E17(it is DAC and amp combo)...you will love the set up.
BTW I can not seem to find HD600 anywhere.