Need Suggestions for a graphics card !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehra.rakesh

Journeyman
So i finally decided to get a graphics card for my rig (C2D E8400 , Asus P5kPLVM G31, 2 gigs of 800 mhz ram, stock iball 400 w PSU ). i do play games but i am not a hardcore gamer (i use cheat codes so that shud give u an idea )

The problem is that i have a very old CRT monitor that gives a max res of 1024*768 , hence i would rather be using my 40" full hd tv .....but that requires a higher end card with more memory ...... and a better psu too .....

I was looking at Gtx 260 and a corsair 450 W PSU ....or would it be better if i just bought a PS3 instead ?

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
My suggestion: First purchase a LCD. U could atleast purchase Dell E1909 for 7.2k bucks. Then purchase a PSU + Graphics card. IMO, PC is better then PS3.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
If you already have an HDTV then go for the Playstation 3. Also if you can bear the cost of legit games then this is the right upgrade for you. :)

-anmol-

Broken In
The PC solution will cost you Rs 25800
Samsung 2233SW HD - Rs 10500
Zotac GTX 260 - Rs 10300
Antec EA 650 - Rs 5000

The choice is yours. PS 3 or the PC.
But i fail to understand why you bought a E8400 with G31,thats a very bad combo.You will never really realize the full potential of your Processor and now the GTX 260,if you get it that is.

acewin

Point Blanc
why so, he would be having HDMI or DVI on the TV monitor will go good for him.
he would need such ports on the gfx card or just a cable.

G31 is good mobo and saves power also. But again a gfx card like GTX260 will be too much on the mobo, not wise IMO.

OP
M

mehra.rakesh

Journeyman
sorry if i didnt tell u this before..... i have another mainboard Msi P35 neo combo that i bought from a friend but i was out of cash for the card hence bought a G31 board .....

can cheaper alternatives like HD4670 or HD4770 handle the TV ????

P

priyadarshi

why so, he would be having HDMI or DVI on the TV monitor will go good for him.
he would need such ports on the gfx card or just a cable.

G31 is good mobo and saves power also. But again a gfx card like GTX260 will be too much on the mobo, not wise IMO.

friends plz help me selecting right 22" LCD and GPU compatible with my configuration. details i've already posted in this thread. kindly reply as its an urgent for me. thanx.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110940&highlight=priyadarshi

-anmol-

Broken In
sorry if i didnt tell u this before..... i have another mainboard Msi P35 neo combo that i bought from a friend but i was out of cash for the card hence bought a G31 board .....

can cheaper alternatives like HD4670 or HD4770 handle the TV ????

Why not?

provided you have a tv tuner card!
P35 is good.Though old but toothless its not ;-)

acewin

Point Blanc
well if there is TV-out or S-Video or if your TV has got HDMI or DVI port I hope it will do without TV Tuner card.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
GTX 260 and vx 450@4k gud.
also Antec EA 650@ 4.8k is better than VX450.

4770 can run the 42" but ull have to lower the details which spoils the fun. so better the GTX260@10.5k

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Option for you:-

Corsair VX450W @ 3.9k
2GB DDR2 800MHz RAM @ less than 1k
Zotac GTX260 @ 10.4k

that's it, game on in your HDTV now!!!!!

OP
M

mehra.rakesh

Journeyman
Update :: Bought a refurbished PS3 60GB for around 12000 bucks ....... will connect it this evening !!!!!

& acewin::AFAIK most HDTVs come with HDMI so no need of Tv tuner !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom