Need suggestion MB + Processor + RAM (Budget 50,000)

leelaprasad

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Development Machine with Windows 8, will be running a couple of VM's using Hyper-V, Visual Studio 2013, SQL Server.
I will be running following VM's
  1. Windows server 2012 Essentials
  2. Windows Server 2012 Standard with Sharepoint Server 2013
  3. Windows 7

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 50,000 INR max

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Yes, but i should be able to using Hyper-v

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 8 Pro (I have genuine copy already)

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: I have storage already SSD for Boot Drive, and WD Greens & Seagate Barracuda drives for storage

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I only plan to buy MB + Processor + RAM + Graphic Card(If budget permits a bluray drive)

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: In less than a month

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I will be assembling

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Hyderabad, Most probably online as i am lazy going out in heavy traffic

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Mother board should be having atleast 10 Sata ports(at the moment i have 1 SSD, 4* WD Green 2 TB and 2 * 3 TB Seagate barracuda), if its more than 10 its great, MB + Processor should support Hyper-V virtualization with good performance

Cilus

laborare est orare
AMD FX-8350 @ 12K
Asus M5A99FX EVO R2.0 @ 11K
G-Skill RipjawX 8GB X 2 1600 MHz DDR3 @ 9K
Zotac GTX 650 Ti @ 10K
LiteOn iHBS312 Blu-ray Drive @ 6.5K
Total: 48.5K

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
i suggest to get fx8350 - 11.5k
ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 - 17k
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) PC RAM (CMZ16GX3M2A2133C10) - 16000
you can opt for 1600 mhz ram form corsair or gskill o reduce the cost (around or less than 10k for 2X8gb kits )
gtx 660 at 13k (if using 1600 mhz ram) or hd 7770 8k . But I dont know whether graphic card will support your applications or not.So i dont know whether to go for amd or nvidia. let somebody comment on it.
fx 8350 may give comparable performance against intel rivals at lesser cost.

for more sata ports , you can buy pcie to sata converter like shown in the figure below. search ebay
View attachment 11799

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ He does not need a 17K overclocking friendly motherboard at all. That board is for enthusiastic level overclocking and OP is not going to do that.

OP
L

leelaprasad

Broken In
I am planning to go for ASRock Z87 Extreme6 AC + i7-4770

Can some one tell me whether the Motherboard is good or not. And is Asrock good in A.S.S

The reason i selected this motherboard is it comes with 10 Sataports which is my main requirement. And i can wait for graphic card as it is not my main requirement.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Are you going to use all 10 sata ports? Also look for some high end H87 boards as without a K series Processor, using Z87 is basically waste of money.

OP
L

leelaprasad

Broken In
Yes as of now i have 6 HDDs installed in my current setup and out of sata ports for 2 more HDDs are waiting and i need to buy a bluray or dvd drive so i need 9 sata ports.

And the board i mentioned has dual lans which will be useful for Visualization.

Any idea about Asrock A.S.S ?

Top Bottom