nieur

Broken In
hey guys
i buying new system tomorrow.it will be mostly used for gaming
here are my proposed specifications i am running at 1280X1024

processor: core i5 2400(9.1K)
graphic card: gtx 560(11.5K)
case :NGTX gamma(2.2K)
psu: cooler master extreme 500w(2.8K)(suggest alternative)
ram :4GB gskill(2.45k)
motherboard ????

please suggest me any good motheboard (H67)around 6k
one of our friend from this forum said me that cooler master psu isn't good
so please suggest me alternate psu also
my budget is 35k for all above mentioned components

please reply as soon as possible
thanks in advance

Cilus

laborare est orare
Why the hell you are purchasing Cooler Master Extreme series PSU? Didn't you check any of the replies against it. It is a crap and can burn your GPU. Get Corsair GS 600 80+ @ 4K. For motherboard get Intel DH67VR-B3 @ 4.8K.

And the graphics card you are talking about, does it have any brand name? if yes, then specify. And if it is a Non Ti GTX 560 then better avoid it and get the Asus Direct Cu II GTX 560 Ti @ 13K

OP
N

nieur

Broken In
Why the hell you are purchasing Cooler Master Extreme series PSU? Didn't you check any of the replies against it. It is a crap and can burn your GPU. Get Corsair GS 600 80+ @ 4K. For motherboard get Intel DH67VR-B3 @ 4.8K.

And the graphics card you are talking about, does it have any brand name? if yes, then specify. And if it is a Non Ti GTX 560 then better avoid it and get the Asus Direct Cu II GTX 560 Ti @ 13K

it's galaxy GTX 560. i will be more than happy to get
Asus Direct Cu II GTX 560 TI at 13k.where can i get it (any online shop?)

thanks for your comment on PSU. i will not dare to think about cooler master PSU. how is corsair CX500W(it's at 3k)?

and about motherboard again do you know any online shop which will give that motherboard at 4.8k (i found it on some site but was around 5.5k)

one more question will CX500W fit well in NZXT Gamma classic case?. in this case psu is bottom mounted.(does it make any difference)

thanks for valuable reply and it's good to see people who want to help others

Cilus

laborare est orare
CX 500 is not also a good PSU. It can only provide the rated power in up to 30 degree Celsius. Over than it can provide only maximum of 450W. It is also not at all efficient PSU and is of below 80+ rating. Get the GS600 I've suggested.

For motherboard, check theitwares. And in NZXT Gamma you can fit any PSU, even the TX 850 also. I know PSU price is overshooting your budget a little. But in motherboard you are saving 1.2K as yor budget is 6K for the mobo.

Piyush

Lanaya
if you are planning to game at 1024 resolution then you can skip gfx card for now
buy one when you buy a monitor

shayem

In the zone
+1 for Piyush post. And by that time price will be reduced so you can buy better one GPU same price.

OP
N

nieur

Broken In
today i bought these components from lamington road
NZXT gamma classic at 2k
corsair GS600 at 3.9k
g skill 4GB 1600Mhz ram at 2.4k

i got the prices of other components from lamington road
core i5 2400 and h61ww at 10.5k
core i5 2500k and P8H67M at 16.3k (combination doesn't make sense to me)
seller said if i want P8P67M then it will be around 17.5k

DH67VR 4.6k
galaxy gtx 560 11k(other brands were not available)

i have to get processor,motherboard and graphic card at 27k
please give your opinion

OP
N

nieur

Broken In
so you still want to get gfx card knowing that you will be gaming at 1024 resolution?
not like that
i already own galaxy 9800GT low power version but i am not satisfied with it's performance(it is now 2years old). so i am getting new one.i think graphic performance of 2400 is lower than discrete 9800GT and also i will be using this system for next three years. so to be able to play all games maxed out i am getting new mid-high range graphic card

Cilus

laborare est orare
at 1280x1024, skip the Gfx card now...9800GT will play games easily on it with high settings.

nilgtx260

Maximum Craze
^^ why galaxy man, wait for MSI or ASUS one, these are far better, in fact the best gpu brand at present.

OP
N

nieur

Broken In
at 1280x1024, skip the Gfx card now...9800GT will play games easily on it with high settings.
then is my cpu bottlenecking?
i have four year old system
processor: pentium D 925 3.0Ghz
motheboard: jetway 945GZDMS-6H
RAM :2.5GB

Cilus

laborare est orare
At this resolution there is no chance of any bottleneck. Do the following things:-

1. Update the BIOS of your motherboard with the latest one.
2. Install all latest drivers of your motherboard
3. Uninstall the old VGA driver from control panel and download and install the latest driver from nVidia for your card.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
At this resolution there is no chance of any bottleneck.

1. Lower resolution = CPU usually bottlenecks

2. Higher resolution and settings = GPU usually bottlenecks

Now there are always exceptions but this is the general case.

Whichever gets 100% stressed is the bottleneck.

Piyush

Lanaya
you are buying a whole new processor
try your 9800gt with the new one and then tell us how you feel
I'm sure things will be different

OP
N

nieur

Broken In
you are buying a whole new processor
try your 9800gt with the new one and then tell us how you feel
I'm sure things will be different

so should i go for 2400 and DH67VR-B3?
anyone here having 2400?
DH67VR is priced at 4.6k

Cilus

laborare est orare
But frankly, on 1280x1024 resolution a Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz + 9800 GT combo will run all the games just fine. I think the problem is due to driver issues rather than hardware bottleneck.
In my home I have a Core 2 Duo 2.1 GHz, a 9600 GT and I can play all the games in 1366X768 resolution without any issue.

OP
N

nieur

Broken In
But frankly, on 1280x1024 resolution a Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz + 9800 GT combo will run all the games just fine. I think the problem is due to driver issues rather than hardware bottleneck.
In my home I have a Core 2 Duo 2.1 GHz, a 9600 GT and I can play all the games in 1366X768 resolution without any issue.

i am using all the latest drivers. i can not even play black-ops with AA
one time i checked my FPS in Assassins Creed Brotherhood it was around 18.
i can not even play crysis 2 with full graphics
i don't want that kind of performance.
do you think is it due because of PSU?.
My PSU isn't good enough(bought for rs700;500W)

Top Bottom