Need suggestion for building Intel Atom based PC

davinder

Broken In
Need suggestion for building Intel Atom or AMD Sempron based MiniTX PC

I want to build Intel Atom or AMD Sempron based MiniTX PC

So i need suggestions from guys who have build a mini PC before or are looking to buy a mini PC themselves. something like the intel NUC but cheaper.
Is it possible to bulid mini pc under 10k?
if anyone owns mini PC and wants to sell it then please PM me if possible.

Q Why Intel Atom/AMD Sempron based processor when you can buy more powerful processors out there?
Cause i need power efficient PC and i don't want heavy computing power. I just want to use it for web browsing and as video player.
Q Why not buy netbook?
I don't have enough money for that. maximum 9k :-?
I only want to buy processor motherboard combo,ram,cabinet, gonna reuse my hard drive and monitor.

Thinkdigit format for asking for suggestions.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Will use it Web browsing, as Media server, or NAS and playing videos on TV.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 9k max

3. Planning to overclock?

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Ubuntu

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 500 gb

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: HDD,Monitor,KB & mouse

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: 2 months

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Delhi, Nehru place or flipkart

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Need power efficient pc which would be used 24X7 .prefer small form factor.

Right now these two products are on my radar.

Mobo & possessor combo

*www.flipkart.com/amd-msi-amd-2-8-g...1-fx-mot-combo-motherboard/p/itmdez2uakuh47h8

*www.flipkart.com/intel-d2500hn-com...Z3BZ&ref=2b03ab11-5531-4b76-9dda-86fd67447f99

Have no idea about cabinet
if possible please post a link to online retailer .

Last edited:

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Get intel g645 - rs 3400.Gigabyte h61 - rs 2800.Corsair 2gb ddr3 ram - rs 700.Iball cabinet - rs 1400.

Atom cpu sucks even if i get for free i will throw in garbage!

Cyborgz

Broken In
If you are looking for Pocket Size PC for viewing HD video, Working with spread sheets - RasperryPI is good one though! It packs 700 Ghz ARM Processor, 512 MB Ram. Its strictly for BASIC Tasks. If you are developer, you can use it as a WifI Router, Android SMart TV plugin and Many More!

OP
davinder

davinder

Broken In
If you are looking for Pocket Size PC for viewing HD video, Working with spread sheets - RasperryPI is good one though! It packs 700 Ghz ARM Processor, 512 MB Ram. Its strictly for BASIC Tasks. If you are developer, you can use it as a WifI Router, Android SMart TV plugin and Many More!

I was also thinking about Raspberry pi it has everything i need and is also hacker friendly. but i am looking for something thing little more powerfull but don't want to spend too much. I might buy raspberrypi if i don't get anything better at this price. I am also thinking about buying cotton candy or similar products.

Get intel g645 - rs 3400.Gigabyte h61 - rs 2800.Corsair 2gb ddr3 ram - rs 700.Iball cabinet - rs 1400.

Atom cpu sucks even if i get for free i will throw in garbage!
I don't want regular size pc i already own one. I am looking for something compact. small form factor and energy efficient.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i use intel atom desktop & let me tell you it is not a good choice for watching videos on TV or to be used as media server unless only videos you have are old 480p resolution & those 700mb dvdrips encoded in xvid/divx.the difference in power consumption saving between atom & intel pentium G645 in a month won't even be enough to buy a medium size dominos pizza.you can buy the smallest cabinet which can accommodate micro-atx mobo.best option would be getting a mini-itx core i series processor compatible mobo but that will not come cheap.

Top Bottom