Need Suggestion for a notebook/netbook with good performance and battery back up

satyanarayansahuu

Right off the assembly line
Hello,
I am new @ techenclave, I want your suggestions for purchasing a laptop(net/note book).

1) Budget (anything less than or around 20k)
2) Primary Usage : Web Surfing.. I am a damn mad for web browsing, and I used to open several (20+) tabs on a row, many times I compare different items in net, so I used to open so many tabs at once.. So, Plz consider this aspect such that the net/note book will not slow down due to many tabs. Sometimes I use MS Office Apps, and rarely I play HD pictures.. But the machine should have the ability to play HD videos. Yes, I NEVER play any games.

3) Size Preference : Any Size, but if its less than 12" then it should have HDMI Port.
4) any brand that you detest?: No to Compaq, HP.. Yes to Asus, Samsung, Toshiba, Acer or Dell.
5) Other Consideration : Batery should last at least 5 hours with the low brightness(I like to work in low brightness) and Heavy web Browsing. Must have a HDMI Port, because I would like to view my lapy videos in my LCD tv. RAM should be Upgradable at least upto 4 GB.

I am considering Atom Dual Core N570, N2600 or N2800 for netbook and of course Any Intel Dual Core like B940, B950, B960 for notebook.

I am confused whether Atom N2600 or N2800 Processors can Handle my Usages, Because I find their CPU Benchmark are quite less (actually 600 and 725 respectively) with comparison to good benchmark of B940/950/960 i.e 1865, 1951, 2091.. And Yes I am also considering N570 (Benchmark of 638) and AMD Processors also.
Well, As I have described it should run HD content(not Game), So which one will be better. AMD processors used to create more Heat during work, So this is also needs to be consideration.

Finally, If Atom Processor can handle all my requirements without any slow down then I will definitely go for it as it gives maximum Battery and portability and of course less price. But it should also possess a HDMI Port.
I personally prefer Asus/Samsung/Toshiba ,,.. But any other can also be considered except HP/Compaq ..,,

Please suggest me some good options with description, please give your openion on Atom processors whether they can work perfectly for my extreme web browsing or I should go for Intel Dual core Processors,, I will be happy if the laptop have an option to upgrade RAM upto or more than 4GB.

Please sugggest me which will be better for me..

Thanks
Satya Narayan

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Hello,
I am new @ techenclave, I want your suggestions for purchasing a laptop(net/note book).

err this is not techenclave :-|
Still welcome to TDF :)

BTW i have already gave you reply there. so copy-pasting same thing here.
choose from these 3: Asus X53E-SX1556D, Asus X54C-SX260D or Toshiba Satellite C665D C665D-M5010. Second one is the most powerful of all but the last one will offer more backup but is slow. All will be able to handle browsing provided you add another 2-4GB ram.

aroraanant

Explorer
If you want performance then avoid netbook, opt for a laptop/notebook.
Asus X54 costs a lil more than your budget but it is really a good laptop, you can even have a look at Samsung NP300E5Z-A0TIN

OP
S

satyanarayansahuu

I am not sure about the quality of Samsung Notebooks,, But "Samsung NP300E5Z-A0TIN" seems to be feature riched. It is mentioned that it will last upto 6 hours, is it true? because all 6 cell battery laptops in this segment gives 4-4.5 hr of usages. Another thing is the quality and service of Samsung in Laptop department,, Is it good? Waiting for your response,,.

Thanks for your suggestion

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I am not sure about the quality of Samsung Notebooks,, But "Samsung NP300E5Z-A0TIN" seems to be feature riched. It is mentioned that it will last upto 6 hours, is it true? because all 6 cell battery laptops in this segment gives 4-4.5 hr of usages. Another thing is the quality and service of Samsung in Laptop department,, Is it good? Waiting for your response,,.

Thanks for your suggestion

all Samsung laptops says that irrespective of it being a netbook or notebook. But battery backup will be 4-5hr under browsing for sure.

OP
S

satyanarayansahuu

Ok, But is there any other option which has less screen size, 15.9" is very large,, I want a small(maximum 14") with similar configuration,, Please suggest,,..

Thanks

Top Bottom