Need suggestion for a good Recovery Software

Shah

Cyborg Agent
My external HDD stopped working all of a sudden. Whenever I plug it in to my computer, It shows "Unreadable or Corrupted". I know formatting the HDD will make it usable again. But, I need to recover the data in it. I don't care if I can't recover the Music and Video files.
But, I DO want to recover the rest. Can you suggest some recovery software, preferably freeware?

BTW, I haven't formatted the HDD yet.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
before trying recovery try connecting hdd to back 2 usb ports of a pc using Y-usb cable or of a laptop usb2.0 ports.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Link: 15 Free Data Recovery Software Tools (Free File Recovery Software)

15 best recovery softwares.I think Recuva was good.

DVJex

In the zone
Just FYI, some software can recover files after formatting. The only problem is that they're mostly paid versions and not free.
From bavusani's link, EaseUS's one is good,but it has a 2GB recovery limitation.

^ try what whitestar_999 suggested. Probability of recovering data after formatting is dependent on the formatting method used. If you perform a quick format, data can be recovered. If you perform a low-level format, there is no or very low change of getting you data back.

lana1123

Right off the assembly line
Here are some freeware:Five Best Free Data Recovery Tools. Among them, recuva work very well. Also if you have lost some important office file, you can use a software call office regenerator to undelete MS excel file, word doc or ppt.

Top Bottom