need suggestion about oc

OP
B

Bodhisatwa

Gunner
i am getting such a feeling after installing the gpu..during playing games..

A PROBLEM---my cpu gets hotter after installing the gpu..after i play a game like bf3 for an hour,then when i play fifa12,it slows down...whats the probable problem??

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
like you said the cpu may be overheating or there could be a problem with the Fifa 12 game - patch the game to the latest version and monitor the load cpu temp using hwinfo app while playing BF3 and post it here.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Don't overclock you processor it is running pretty fast at 3.2Ghz overclocking will unnecessarily increase temperature and noise.
Your processor is fine.Change your PSU as soon as possible it may causing this.Get a good one like corsair CXv2 430 watts for 2,300.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
your PSU is not a very good one though it should power the components you have - don't OC the cpu/gpu with this PSU.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Topgear, regarding memory overclocking, I never read anything that running a 1600 MHz RAM at 1600 MHz speed (by setting the Memory Multiplier) has damaged the memory. Also in that article it is also mentioned that
If you wish to run RAM above 1333 Mhz. and your RAM is rated at a higher speed, you are not overclocking your system. However, AMD recommend that you only use memory that appears on the QVL as this has been tested for compatability at higher speeds. If you are unsure about the compatability of the RAM you have bought the safest option is to run it at 1333 Mhz to avoid damaging the Memory Controller. If you are looking to buy RAM that is faster than 1333 Mhz. and it doesn't appear on the QVL be prepared to downclock the modules to gain system stability. There are no guarantees that the RAM will run as stated and you could possibly damage the CPU's Memory Controller.

So if we're using a 1600 MHz memory and it is present in the QVL list of the motherboard then I don't see a problem. I used to run my Kingston Value 1333 MHz DDR3 rams at 1600 MHz speeed for long time and still they're running at the same speed at frined's house to whom I sold the system (the Phenom II 955 based)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
there's no guarantee that one will face issues if they run mem modules higher than 1333Mhz and sometime it's hard to find memory modules mentioned on QVL list - so the suggestion for not going over 1333Mhz is only a pre caution and if anyone wants he can run the mem modules over 1333Mhz at his own risk.

Top Bottom