Need soundcard for creative 5.1 speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

piledriver

Right off the assembly line
Hello all members
I have decided to buy creative 5.1 speakers preferably creative inspire 5.1 T6060 or creative inspire 5.1 5200. which one should I buy?

Along with them I want to buy a soundcard as my onboard soundcard is 2 channels. My pc is athlon xp 1800+ with via 266 with 256mb ram.

My main usage for speakers & soundcard is 5.1 encoded DVD–video movies so technologies like Dolby digital 5.1, DTS are needed from soundcard and I also listen audio cds & mp3s for music and I don’t play games.

In soundcards help me in deciding between sb 5.1 live, audigy value, audigy value 2 or audigy 2 zs.please mention their prices too.

I have learnt that for 5.1 movies and decent music except games there is not so much difference between live and audigy soundcards .please clear my doubts.which soundcard would be good with T6060 speakers

My budget for speaker and soundcard combo is 5.5- 6.5k rs.

Regards
pulkit

Last edited:

Sourabh

Laptoping
Consider the Logitech X-530 system too. They cost around 6k. Not sure about the exact price but it's in that range. For Sound Cards you would have to settle with Creative's Audigy Value 24-bit which is priced around 2k.

For accurate prices, you can refer this and this.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
For low budget sound card....U can choose creative blaster(price around 1k).

For speaker..have a look at Altec lansing .I am using 4.1 altec lansing for past 3 years n it is still giving best perfomance.

OP
P

piledriver

thanks everyone
i have almost decided to buy creative inspire 5.1 T6060.

for 5.1 movies and decent music except games there is not so much difference between live 24bit and audigy soundcards .please clear my doubts.
i dont intend to play games.

which soundcard would be good with T6060 speakers for 5.1 movies ? plz. help

regards
pulkit

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
ravi_9793 said:
creative blaster..support 5.1 speaker...price is only around 1K
+1
Buy t6060 speakers only. Maybe t6100 if you can insert the (front speakers) wire into the subwoofer with great strength without damaging it. T6100 is superior to t6060 but has a problem with one of the sockets in the subwoofer. Dont event think of inspire 5.1
If you intend to play I advice create xfi music which costs 6.5k for all the EAX support. Otherwise buy Sound Blaster card for 1.3k.

OP
P

piledriver

thanks everyone

still i want to know technical differences in their chipsets( live 24bit and audigy soundcards) & what effect the dsp has on cpu cycles as my processor (athlon xp 1800+) is quite old .and how much difference is between
live 24bit
audigy value
audigy value2
regarding performance and their price .

regards
pulkit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom