Need software which will help in searching for files across various SATA HDD's connected

ajayritik

Technomancer
I have multiple SATA HDD and single IDE HDD and have lots of data across various drives. It becomes very tough for me to search for any files in any one of the folder. I'm assuming the search is performed only on primary partition drives.
Any help will be appreciated.

Flash

Lost in speed
You can try of "Instant file find" or "Avafind", not sure of Win8 compatibility though.

Vignesh B

Youngling
They need to be indexed. Windows key --> (type in) indexing options --> Advanced --> Change selected locations.
Just index everything you want to be search able.

gameranand

Living to Play
There was a discussion about this kind of tool in some thread that I can't really remember. Try Everything maybe. :confused:

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
They need to be indexed. Windows key --> (type in) indexing options --> Advanced --> Change selected locations.
Just index everything you want to be search able.
This looks more understandable but what do you mean by the text I bolded?

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
You can specifically add the folders to the index list which you want to be accessible for search. Alternatively, you can add all the hard drives to the list.

The question here is can I do multiple select for all of the 7 drives so that they are included.

Vignesh B

Youngling
The question here is can I do multiple select for all of the 7 drives so that they are included.
I didn't get that point.
If you are asking if you can add all the drives present in your system for the search, then yes.
If you are asking, if you can separately add certain drives for certain searches, then its a no.

Top Bottom