Need Proccy, MB & RAM for 8k

giprabu

In the zone
Need processor, mb, ram, psu and cabinet.. psu and cabinet will compromise on quality.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Corel Draw, Adobe Premiere, Photoshop

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 10k (MAX.)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 7 , Win 8 (may be in future)

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Already having 500GB seagate.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: HDD, keyboard mouse, monitor, ups, speakers.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: in a week.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Living in Chennai. Will be buying Online.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Amd preferred. :).. Open to anything.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Re: Need Proccy, MB & RAM for 8k

g2020 - 3.5k
gigabyte h61m d2h -3.6k
kingston hyperx blue 4gb - 2.7k
antec bp300p - 2k
local cabby - 0.7k

- - - Updated - - -

Need processor, mb, ram, psu and cabinet.. psu and cabinet will compromise on quality.

a very bad idea ;)

Cilus

laborare est orare
The cheapest quad Core AMD CPU is FX-4300 which will cost you around 6K and a compatible standard motherboard will be around 4.2K

OP
giprabu

giprabu

In the zone

The cheapest quad Core AMD CPU is FX-4300 which will cost you around 6K and a compatible standard motherboard will be around 4.2K

Its for my brother... and he can shell out max 10k ...:(..
Is this motherboard ok ? It costs 3k only... and reduce the ram by 2gb for now..

*www.flipkart.com/gigabyte-ga-78lmt-s2-motherboard

- - - Updated - - -

g2020 - 3.5k
gigabyte h61m d2h -3.6k
kingston hyperx blue 4gb - 2.7k
antec bp300p - 2k
local cabby - 0.7k

Will this configuration handle the above mentioned softwares smoothly ?

Say for eg., Firefox is opened with 5 tabs, music playing, couple of pdfs opened for reference.. (uptill now ram plays major role) ..

now along with all these things, if we render something in Corel draw, will it be smooth..?.. (I guess processor takes it role from here)..

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

Its for my brother... and he can shell out max 10k ...:(..
Is this motherboard ok ? It costs 3k only... and reduce the ram by 2gb for now..

*www.flipkart.com/gigabyte-ga-78lmt-s2-motherboard

- - - Updated - - -

Will this configuration handle the above mentioned softwares smoothly ?

Say for eg., Firefox is opened with 5 tabs, music playing, couple of pdfs opened for reference.. (uptill now ram plays major role) ..

now along with all these things, if we render something in Corel draw, will it be smooth..?.. (I guess processor takes it role from here)..

firefox can eat up a lot of ram if you have opened many tabs. rendering will also take many. so stick to 4gb. you might regret later if you settle with 2gb now.
that board is compatible with fx 4300.anyway get gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 at minimum if you are going with fx 4300. rendering will work better in fx 4300 than the g2020.

OP
giprabu

giprabu

In the zone

okay guys... Thanks for your suggestion.

I think i'll better tell him to increase the budget to 12k and go for fx 4300, GA-78LMT-USB3, 4gb ram..

Because he's not going to upgrade it for next 3-4 years.

Cilus

laborare est orare
If he is not going to upgrade for that long then ask him to increase budget to 13K and get a AMD 970 chipset based motherboard like Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P @ 5.6K.

Top Bottom