Need PC for graphics designing (40K)

Ashish_13

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: For graphics designing, s/w Adobe photo Shop cs5/6, adobe dream weaver cs5, Adobe fire works cs3, Adobe flash cs3, Adobe illustrator cs5, Adobe after effect cs3, Adobe indesign cs3, Corel draw cs3/4.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 40,000/-

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7, 64 bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Not now.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Monitor, Keyboard, mouse, Speakers.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: in weeks time

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Pune, will buy locally, if not available locally then online.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Does SSD really boost application performance if yes then Would like to have SSD, if fits in budget.

sbnaul

Broken In
Processor - AMD FX 8350 @ 11K
Motherboard - Asus M5A97 R2.0 @ 6.5K
Ram - GSkill RipjawX 4gb1600 MHz @ 2.4K
Cabinet - NZXT Gamma @ 2.3k
ODD - Asus 24X SATA Black DVD R/W @ 1K
PSU - Seasonic S12II 520W @3.9K
GPU - Nvidia GTX 650ti 1gb DDR5 @ 10k
HDD - WD Blue 1th @ 3.7k

Cilus

laborare est orare
The above configuration is good. Just change the Graphics card to Sapphire HD 7790 1 GB GDDR5 @ 10K (SAPPHIRE GRAPHICS CARD HD 7790 1GB DDR5).
The reason is most of the Adobe Tools are now coming with GPU acceleration using OpenCL and we all know than AMD GCN architecture based HD 7000 series cards are far more superior in compute performance than their nVidia counterparts.

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
^^ 2 modifications I would suggest.

1. Get 8 GB Ram instead of 4 GB.
2. Get HD7850 instead of 650Ti if budget permits.

+1 to Cilus point that AMD 7xxx series OpenCL performance is far superior to nVidia cards. Exactly same reason I proposed 7850 :)

sbnaul

Broken In
+1 to what Cilus said...

I forgot for a split second that 7790 is available now...
And he can add another ram stick later if it exceeds budget too much at the moment...

Cilus

laborare est orare
SSD or Ram can be added anytime later. Right now lets concentrate on the main components like CPU, Mobo and GPU which we don't change or upgrade frequently.

OP
A

Ashish_13

Right off the assembly line
Thanks a lot all also could you please let me know your view's on following configuration, (my assembler gave me today )

1: Processor : Intel core i7 3770
2: Mobo : Intel DH77EB
3: RAM : 8 GB (1600MHz)
4: HDD : 1 TB WESTERN DIGITAL SATA
5: Cabinet : Cooler Master Elite 431
6: PSU : CoolerMaster 600 watt

Total he is saying will cost me Rs. 44352/-

Thanks,
Ashish

Cilus

laborare est orare
1st of all, stay away from the Cooler Master PSU. Most of the retailers here suggest the high wattage Cooler Master Extreme/Extreme Plus series PSU which are known as Time Bomb by the review sites. They are of very poor quality and fail rate is very high. Stick with the Corsair or Seasonic PSU suggested over here.

Regarding Processor and Motherboard choice, i7 3770 is good but it will increase the system cost and I don't think you can accomodate a good Graphics card in your budget which is necessary for Gaming, Rendering works and will provide you a performance boost while using different Adobe applications with GPU Acceleration support.

Top Bottom