Need Main Differences between G31, G33, G35 and P35 , P45 chipsets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hayabusa_ryu

Journeyman
Hello friends,

I m compeletly noob :confused: about these things(about chipsets). So, I want the differences between these chipsets (G31, G33, G35 and P35 , P45) . Is there any solid reason for upgrading a medium user like me from 946 board to p45 board. i generally use it for study, movie and a little bit gaming (with 8400GS)What the performance differences will I get? Plz, also suggest a low cost hybrid sli motherboard for intel processor. Should I wait or upgrade my system (heard that Intel is lowering their proc. prices this sept.)?

Thank U.

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Re: Main Difference between G31, G33, G35 and P35 , P45 chipsets.

double post reported .
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97142

OP
hayabusa_ryu

hayabusa_ryu

Journeyman
Re: Main Difference between G31, G33, G35 and P35 , P45 chipsets.

Sorry. It was done by mistake. Sorry again.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
....Is there any solid reason for upgrading a medium user like me from 946 board to p45 board. i generally use it for study, movie and a little bit gaming (with 8400GS)..
NO there isn't! You are ok with what you haf for the uses you've mentioned. Unless you get a complementing processor and RAM it doesn't make sense to buy the high end boards or even something like G35 (up from 946 for the tasks you've mentioned).

Whats the difference b/w these chipsets? Higher mem. freq. support, some support different interface (DDR3), higher bus freq. (upto 1333) etc.

*kanad*777

Right off the assembly line
I Have Intel DG31 Core 2 Duo E7200 1gb DDR 2 RAM 160gb hard drive

Hey Can Any One Tell Which Graphics Card Is Best For Me ?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ Sensible Question! :)

What is your budget and what do you intend to do? What games or software which require 3D acceleration would you be running?

^ wats ur Budget ?

^^^ Sensible Question! :)

What is your budget and what do you intend to do? What games or software which require 3D acceleration would you be running?
if you don't answer azzu and infra's questions, I would have to recommend you getting 4GB Dual Channel RAM and HD4870X2 GPU, air cooling and OCing your CPU if you want a hardcore gaming rig. :lol:

or

doing NOTHING at all if you want to have a graphics card to run Aero, since GMA 3100 can do that ;)

Somewhere in-between a GPU for handling your current rig and enabling you to play all games and handle stuff like 3D then I recommend an upgrade to 2GB RAM first (which would cost you Rs. 600 - highly recommended and VFM upgrade), then a Palit 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 (Rs.3,500). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom