Need Low cost PC

dabster

In the zone
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:Home use to replace existing PC which is a sempron 64 2005 bought cpu with 1G Ram. so the gist is normal use. Still be capable to run autocad [rasberry pi is out of question], HDMI defintely needed.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 10-12k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:no

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Mint and win7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 500gb

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: no old monitor. Future upgrade for monitor.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:
KB, mouse.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: in 2 weeks.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:local assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: online only but locally can enquire rates in agra.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: USB3 and HDMi are important. CPU crunching power is not. dedicated GPU not needed. How good are combo processor and mobo 4k ones ? also how about celeron quad core desktop processors [they have quad core core celeron now, unbeliveable.]

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
can't figure out of you need a monitor or not. here's a rig without a monitor-

Intel g3020 - 3.5k
Gigabyte GA-H 81M -S 1-3k
HyperXBlu 4 GB - 2.5k
Local cabinet+PSU - 1.5k
ODD - 1k
WD Blue 1TB - 3.6k

on a side note, getting a PC with monitor on this budget is almost impossible

OP
D

dabster

In the zone
can't figure out of you need a monitor or not. here's a rig without a monitor-

on a side note, getting a PC with monitor on this budget is almost impossible

I don't want a monitor, answered no to that already...

- - - Updated - - -

Very difficult to build a pc in that range, can you increase it to 15k?

Thanks for suggestions guys. But since its a low usage thing I would prefer to keep it low.
Also if i have to increase budget look for quadcore netbook which is close to ~18k with HDMI which can be used docked anytime.

Anybody has comments on cpu mobo combos. Performance how low they are... ?
*www.flipkart.com/biostar-nm70i-1037u-combo-motherboard/p/itmdu8fgfugbehru?pid=CMBDU8FGFUGBEHRU&srno=b_2&ref=2832c524-635e-462a-bb08-7d32f8030708

*www.flipkart.com/biostar-a68i-350-deluxe-combo-motherboard/p/itmdu8fgt7nmhgza?pid=CMBDU8FGT7NMHGZA&srno=b_1&ref=2832c524-635e-462a-bb08-7d32f8030708

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Intel Pentium G3220 -3500,
Gigabyte H81M-S1 -3500,
Corsair Value Select 4GB 1600Mhz -2500,
WD Caviar Blue 500GB -3000,
Antec BP300P -1800,
Cooler Master Elite 311 -2300,
Asus 24B5ST DVD/RW -1100.
TOTAL -17,700.

All price are from snapdeal.

napsterv

Journeyman
Biostar NM70I-1037U Combo Motherboard - Biostar: Flipkart.com =2832c524-635e-462a-bb08-7d32f8030708

1.8 Dual Core Celeron. It's way too much outdated in today's world. I would suggest you stick to Pentium so you don't regret afterwards when your PC gets slow.
Quad Core netbooks are fine too.

Please use the link option to paste links. It's easy to quote and saves time copy pasting.

sukiblr

Right off the assembly line
My reseller told me that Biostar NM701-1037U combo motherboard is good for "Server" PC. He said he used this and liked it. ~14 watts at idle and integrated GPU makes this mobo ideal for 1080P/HTPC use.

icebags

Technomancer
u r not looking for a low power server pc, r u ?
if any performance wise upgrade u look for then go for pentium. else, if u just want something low power, just to do online/offline reading, not so heavy documentation, music, casual movie watching, then celeron may be fine.

but windows 7/8 may already slow it down a bit, there may not be much performance upgrade at all.

Top Bottom