Need Laptop for Work Purpose - Web Dev, Programming.

wakkun

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?
Ans: Mostly just for Web Design, Programming and Web Browsing.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 20,000 INR

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 8.1 or Native Support for Linux (Preferred)

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 250GB or more would be good. eMMCs are not an option.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: 13-14" Display.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Shillong. Online or locally, depends on the best offer.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Nopes.

satinder

DELHIITE
Get Acer i3 any generation as earlier generation is cheap.

You may have to increase budget 3-4 k more.
For 23-24k you can get i3 Acer any model easily.

Don't go for dual core. It is worst.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
As suggested get at least an i3, i5 is recommended though for the long run. In future, you may want to add an SSD.

I'd suggest to save some more money and get good, long lasting laptop instead of cheap, poor configuration laptop. Or if you need one right now, get a used 15" i5 laptop with 4GB ram and install at least 4 GB more.

tkin

Back to school!!
Whatever you get make sure have 6GB+ RAM if you are planning to run a app server like websphere. Get any laptop and get one extra 4GB module.

Top Bottom