need info abt CCNA certification

Status
Not open for further replies.

bharat_r

In the zone
I'd like to know a few things about CCNA.

Do I need to attend classes to write the exam? if yes, how long will be the course duration? Or can I take up the exams on my own?

Which institute is good for CCNA in Chennai?

thanking you
<-

Pragadheesh

In the zone
Do I need to attend classes to write the exam?
nothing of that sort. you can prepare on your own if networks is what that fascinates you.! many of my friends went for classes just to get the dums.!

how long will be the course duration?
around 3months i guess.

Or can I take up the exams on my own?
ya sure. if you are confident in all areas of networks and have practical knowledge too which will be taught in the centers.

Which institute is good for CCNA in Chennai?
no idea of that.! my frenz here did in IIHT.

OP
bharat_r

bharat_r

In the zone
Thanks for that info Pragadheesh. :)
I'm not too confident in all areas of networks. All I've done on my own is I've connected 2 computers at home using a router and enabled internet,file sharing & remote access.
Guess I'd have to look at IIHT. Any idea how much is the total cost involved(training+exam fee)?

shri

Always Fresh!
There are two options:
A single CCNA exam - $250
Two part exam (ICND1 and ICND2) - $125 each

Training cost varies from centre to centre. Average may be 10k.
Study from Sybex CCNA study guide by Todd Lammle. Its a very well written and simple to follow book. Costs 599 retail.

raju143

Right off the assembly line
Hi there,

CCNA, MCSE, RHCE, Ethical hacking and other networking training courses are offered by Onix Academy (*www.onixacademy.com) in Chennai. You can find more detials about CCNA in Chennai at *www.onixacademy.com/courses_offered/cisco_training/ccna/ .

Thanks

tony123

Right off the assembly line
CCNA Certification

CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate certification is designed to check the candidates abilities to plan, install, configure and debug a medium size network using Cisco Routers in their remote sites (WAN). This certification include the general wireless networking, security issues, terminologies and performance based skills. The candidate will study the IP, EIGRP, SLIPFR, Routing information, ACLs and Ethernet etc. There is no any prerequisite of CCNA certification.

There are the following required exams for CCNA

• 640-802:
    • (ICND1) Interconnecting Cisco Networking Deices Part1
    • (ICND2) Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 2
OR

• 640-822 (ICND1) Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1
(ICND2) Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 2

CCNA certification is valid only for 3 years. After 3 years you have to recertify these exam, ICND2 or any Cisco 642 series professional level or CCIE written exam.
You can prepare this exam from anywhere or by yourself. I suggest that you should prepare your CCNA exam from www.certpaper.com. This is a amazing site that offers free CCNA tutorials, practice test and latest news.

Tonny

circular_q

Broken In
The CCNA syllabus includes configuring Cisco routers/switches. How will you practice without having access to them? You might learn the theory from the training books but you will miss the practicals.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
The CCNA syllabus includes configuring Cisco routers/switches. How will you practice without having access to them? You might learn the theory from the training books but you will miss the practicals.
There are router simulators which you can use. However I personally went to the institute to learn it. Back in the day when I did CCNA there were pretty good simulators.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
CCNA u dont need to attend the classes totally the waste of course money - as u can get it frm the friends or known institute ----> also dums

very easy one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom