Need help with Win 10

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Yes, you may go ahead with that. That should do the job.

Dear Brother,

We are trying to share the printer from the machine with Windows 10 to the machine with Windows XP again as the system with 10 is new. We are trying to install the compatible x32 drivers in 10 because our XP system is a 32 bit machine and additional drivers needs to be installed in 10 if the printer is to be shared, but the setup is not being found when we browse the same.

*oi67.tinypic.com/e6sx2a.jpg

*oi64.tinypic.com/sgkeqe.jpg

*oi68.tinypic.com/2chuetf.jpg

I am searching about this since yesterday, but not able to find that inf file as mentioned here-

When installing additional printer 32-bit drivers fails on Windows 7 64-bit I get the error "Selected printer driver not found", what should I do? - Super Use

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Sorry brother, this is something I haven't done so can't just answer on assumptions.

BTW why don't you install x64 version of both OS' ?

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Sorry brother, this is something I haven't done so can't just answer on assumptions.

BTW why don't you install x64 version of both OS' ?

Can you check that superuser thread and this one How to install x86 printer drivers on x64? Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums

No dear x64 drivers give an error if we try to install them on a x32 machine.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
It should be fine I suppose.

SP3 was installed few years back but the machine hanged a lot so we switched back to SP2. I think that might be related to some other error and not it being a SP3, but SP2 is solving our purpose nevertheless. I spent hours checking the canon forums and was able to find that inf file. Kindly help me out with another issue in the same context. I did not assign any ip to the computers, it was automatically assigned as follows-
SP3
PC Name-A....
Workgroup- WORKGROUP
Ip- 192.168.1.101 (auto assigned)

PC Name-N....
Workgroup- WORKGROUP
Ip- 192.168.1.100 (auto assigned)

When I click on run and try to connect them say from xp //N.... or //192.168.1.100 it says that Windows cannot find '//192.168.1.100 or //N...... ' Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search.

The error is the same if we search for the system with xp from 10. No settings were changed/modified in xp, they are the same as the tech guy did months back. What am I doing wrong here dear?

Top Bottom