Need help with building a Computer with 20K budget

icemanz

Right off the assembly line
Hi All,

Need advice to build a rig for home use. Budget 20K.
Requirements:
1. Basic home pc for Internet browsing, downloading and watching HD movies.
2. Infrequent Dot net and Java programming.
3. HDMI Connectivity to TV.
4. Prefer AMD based config.
5. I have wireless Kbd and mouse, DVD RW and monitor.
6. Will not use this rig for playing games.
6. Would like to connect the old 80Gig IDE HDD to the sata motherboard using an adapter if possible.

Please suggest a good configuration- AMD CPU, Motherboard with HDMI and dsub port for connectivity to TV/Monitor, 1TB HDD, 4 GB Ram, Cabinet and PSU.

Thanks!

OP
I

icemanz

53 views and no replies yet :(

Searched the internet and arrived at the following config, please suggest the best price of the components:

CPU: AMD FX4100
MBD: ASUS M5A88-M
RAM: Corsair Vengenance 4GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
PSU: Corsair CX430
Cabinet: CM elite 311 plus

It might go off budget, however I am looking to stretch to build a good rig.

I will be buying the components at Cochin, anybody has suggestions on good shops in cochin please let me know.

Cilus

laborare est orare
The configuration selected by OP is well balanced. But try hard to get the older Phenom II 965T B.E. processor which offers better performance than FX 4100. The problem is they are very hard to find. Price will be almost same...around 6.5 to 7K.
For Ram, opt for Gskill RipjawX instead of Vengeance as the former one offers slightly better performance and overclocking.

s1renlord

GameMachine
There is shop known as IMC (I believe it's called that , last I remember) in Ernakulam,they offer the best discount among the retailers , avoid buying from Online IT Shoppe , their customer service is very poor and they do brainwash you to get inferior components.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
There is shop known as IMC (I believe it's called that , last I remember) in Ernakulam,they offer the best discount among the retailers , avoid buying from Online IT Shoppe , their customer service is very poor and they do brainwash you to get inferior components.

Are you talking about online stores Like 'smcinternational' ?

OP
I

icemanz

Thanks for the responses.

@Cilus I will not be OCíng and no games. Hence I believe the FX4100 should be sufficient to run the applications and watch HD movies before the next upgrade 4-5 years from now :) I checked with couple of dealers in Cochin and nobody had the Phenom II processors, they all had FX and A series CPUs in stock.

@s1renlord thanks for sharing the name of the shop, have written to them for a quote and will also visit them.

Thanks guys, will keep you posted on the developments.

Afrozkakvi

Hiii guys i also want to build a pc for myself for downloading browsing pic editing and some office work so guys please suggest a good configuration for me...as well have a look a selected configuration which i got from a site.
Mobo_asus P8H61_M LX chipset.
Processor_intel 2.6 GHz LGA 1155 dual core.
Transcend ddr 3 4gb ram.
Dvd wirter_LG
HARD DISK_seagate 500gb.
Cabinet with smps iball.
Monitor_LG LED.
Spkr_artis.
Keyboard mouse combo iball.
Expected tatal price is 20575 according to my budget so if any more configuration under this budget is availble which is better from this pls suggest.thanks alot in advance.

panwala95

In the zone
ASUS E35M1-M Motherboard+ amd e350 apu@ 7.6k
zebronics tambi@1.5k
2 gb corsair value ram@ 0.7k
wd caviar blue 500gb-3.8k
hd 6570@4k
corsair vs 450@2k
total 20.6k

acewin

Point Blanc
service is not poor, but it is more like they do not have dedicated service. for service you have to always go to the specific service centers.
No one wants to have or create a bad repo, whether it be online store of in market shop.

There are online stores like flipkart as well, who have their dedicated RMA service as well, which beat any of the in market shops or service centers for individual product.

Top Bottom