Need help understanding SX150

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
lol.. I first thought this was posted by some new member.. until I saw the username :p. .dude.. read the manual :)

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
In the beginning, just turn the dial to P and start shooting. Do not worry about anything else.

Once the initial rush is over, start with Reading The F***ing Manual.

Alternately, you can just press buttons methodically (if you press randomly like Mr Bean, then sh** will happen) and note what happens.

It is always good to learn by doing :)
-SS.

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
lol.. I first thought this was posted by some new member.. until I saw the username :p. .dude.. read the manual :)

Lol!!!!...............

The camera is good!!
Clarity is awesome!
Using a 16 gb sandisk extreme( I guess class 10?) +
Fujicell FHR-3UEX-AA (2800 mAh).

guys reading the manual din't help me clear my doubts i need tuts on AV,Manual Modes :/

sujoyp

Grand Master
aah i have always suggested my method but nobody liked it :D see if it helps u

take a pic in auto mode....check the exif details in the screen....see whats wrong in the pic...if its underexposed think y ?? if too dark see whats the aperture camera have used...see the ISO ...y it took soo much ISO and what if u reduce the ISO.

Auto modes really help learning

I did something similar to this...and still do this thinking while taking pics...but dont take auto shots anymore :D

Last edited:
OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^^ Will try :p

How do i take macros of ANTS,Mosquitoes etc.
I know how to enter macro etc etc

nac

Aspiring Novelist
It's highly impossible (at least for me), for ants and mosquitoes to stay still until we click. Try to put your camera close to the subject, and focus should be in the subject else you will get the subject softer.

sujoyp

Grand Master
do it the this way...check the macro focus distance with a pin or bolt....use flash and see the result....then try this on fly which is more stable then ant....and lastly try on and with some sugar or sugar water :)

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Okay..Guys another thing i saw some pics in photography thread an all.So how do some pics come with background blurred without editing

tkin

Back to school!!
Okay..Guys another thing i saw some pics in photography thread an all.So how do some pics come with background blurred without editing
You won't get that in SX150, for that you need either DSLR(the proper way to do it), or a Sony P&S with background blurring effect support.

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Okay thanks....i love the color pic feature set one color(Maybe make the whole pic b&w) and only one color maybe blue or red

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
*www.youtube.com/watch?desktop_uri=/watch?v=OPPilj4A15o&v=OPPilj4A15o&gl=IN

There are also plenty of tutorials on the web elsewhere. Just search for "how to take bokeh pictures" with Google.

You may need to read and experiment a lot to get a good one

nac

Aspiring Novelist
You can get that blur effect but not as good as DSLR. Just background need to be far behind the subject. Farther the better... And shoot at largest aperture.

sujoyp

Grand Master
yaah its easy with bigger aperture lenses from close distance and can be done with zoom lens like prashant told you

bokeh with 50mm lens is superb
[url=*www.flickr.com/photos/34748095@N07/7745906380/][img]*farm8.staticflickr.com/7125/7745906380_c7e22090f0.jpg[/url] Smiling Girl by sujoyp, on Flickr[/IMG]

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Guys i clicked some macros with and w/o flash.
So when i clicked with flash.The down part is almost totally white due to the flash

sujoyp

Grand Master
try taking pics in daytime without flash...or use some kind of diffuser on ur flash so that u get soft light on insect...harsh light is useless from that distance

Top Bottom