need help to build up a gaming rig @ 70k

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Arnab boss

Arnab boss

In the zone
Ya I thinked it bfore but ain't phenom 940 is a good ocer than 955...?

And secondly if ddr3 then why not an i7 rig....'

acewin

Point Blanc
Thanks guys 4 this knowledgeable discussion....'

Now I am quite convinced 4 core i7 but as I heard that intel is launching westmere in nxt yr so why not get that and stay atleast future ready...?

I read a benchmark review of phenom 2 940 and intel core i7... They reviewed both proccys with same config and it says that these 2 proccys r quite similar in many tests and in some tests phenom 2 beated core i7 and they were shoked 2 c that and told in conclusion that phenom 2 is better in this price than in core i7s price as in performance and pricing...!

Now how much true is this and guys after reading the review I am totally confused...' what 2 do....?

amd has come up with gr8 optimization in its 45nm fabrication hence these phenom II's are giving gr8 results it was same when C2D E8400.
You can keep ur phenom II for very long i7 still needs more time, intel will certainly show up its i7 power in near future :D

OP
Arnab boss

Arnab boss

In the zone
Ya agree with u....'

So phenom 940 will b better so I ll stick 2 it and can u guys suggest some mobo which supports raid 5 and also xfire supported...'

surinder

Tech addict
Or you can opt for a cheaper but deserving mobo Bioster TA 790 GX @5K fulfills both of your wishes. Desi's suggested board is more feature rich though but at 4K premium now call is yours. Here are links for both

*www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Mothe...rd&ProductID=2887&ProductName=GA-MA790GP-DS4H

*www.biostar.com.tw/app/en-us/t-series/content.php?S_ID=374

OP
Arnab boss

Arnab boss

In the zone
Thanks guys u r all awesome with all ur valuable advices..'

Now everything is set as I opt 4 gigabyte mobo 4 reliability...'

Wht abt gpu is hd 4770 in xfire is fine or should opt 4 gtx 275 or hd 4890..'

OP
Arnab boss

Arnab boss

In the zone
Thanks dude but even in kolkata I could'nt find a single hd 4770...'

Wht 2 do shall wait 4 couple of days r there any chance of availablity.., as I read in some forums that it will come after 14 june 2 market...'

If this is not available then which one 2 xfire...?

Can Corsair vx 650 take this load...!

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Corsair TX (not)Vx

Corsair TX650 can handle 2 HD 4850 with out problem

@ Arnab boss

u can go for HD 4850 with good cooler choose PALIT & u can add one more card later ,

BUT remember CROSSFIRE donot work with many games , it only boost 10% - 20% Fps

surinder

Tech addict
Yes in currant scenario go as desibond advised you will get very satisfactory FPS in all current games and you can pile on any time later whenever you wish and for even lesser price for the second one.

OP
Arnab boss

Arnab boss

In the zone
I am not sure abt it as I think it is 896 mb sonic ed...?

But isn't it is wise to have a 1 gb card in single as most of the games in few yrs later will need a 1 gb video memory...'

How's hd 4870 1 gb ddr5...?

OP
Arnab boss

Arnab boss

In the zone
I read in some posts that in few months the games will require 1 gb of video memory alone...'is it true...?

If yes then is hd 4870 1gb gddr5 is a good option or hd 4890 is....!

how abt gtx 275 will it play a crucial role in coming years...'

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
GTX 260 (or) HD 4870 1Gb

All i can say is this

Those who want good graphics & physics + + Strong geometry , they can choose GTX 260

Those want only fast gameplay in high resolution they can go for HD 4870 1Gb

But always remember GTX 260 Nvidia card its Good for EYE CANDY

OP
Arnab boss

Arnab boss

In the zone
@damngoodman999

my proccy and mobo will b same as urs so how's gtx 260 is performing...'

Is it okay or as some members r suggesting to go 4 hd 4770 in xfire...?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@Arnab. HD4890 and GTX275 are now available for 14.5k to 15k. 4770 in CF will cost the same but will not be able to beat these two in most of the games. If you can shell out 14k-15k on GPU, these two should be your best bet.

surinder

Tech addict
@Arnab. HD4890 and GTX275 are now available for 14.5k to 15k. 4770 in CF will cost the same but will not be able to beat these two in most of the games. If you can shell out 14k-15k on GPU, these two should be your best bet.
And you have one slot free for the future upgrade as well.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
@damngoodman999

my proccy and mobo will b same as urs so how's gtx 260 is performing...'

Is it okay or as some members r suggesting to go 4 hd 4770 in xfire...?

The mobo of ours has 2 PCI-E , if u run single Grafix card then It uses 16X if u Crossfire it then it runs 8X , performance will be bit lowered .

As desibond says- u can go for GTX 275 ,, dont go for HD 4890 even GTX 260 sonic beats HD 4890 is many games !

or

U can Crossfire HD 4770 or HD 4850 - But i would surely go for GTX 275 may be it is helpfull for 2 years :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom