need help to build up a gaming rig @ 70k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnab boss

In the zone
Hello guys, my friend want to build a gaming rig,his budget is 70k and can extend up to 80k.. So need help and suggestions...' by the way my friend is a hardcore gamer...?

I want both intel as well as amd config...! but no need of ups.....

A good procce....,A well overclockable mobo.......,A 1 gb memory gpu as I think how is gts 250 1 g.b...? A hardy case with good cooling...' A good psu...., Ram 2*4 gb ddr2 1066...., A lcd moniter how about samsung 2233 or T220...? ''22'' or ''24''....! A good liquid cooling system....' Keyboard & mouse..,' And 1 t.b hdd...'

Help me guys with prices in kolkata and ur suggestions....'

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
A liquid cooling on a 45nm is pretty useless now. The rest of the advice will be given based on how you draft the system with other's recommendation.

afonofa

Journeyman
If you can extend the budget to 80k, then go for a Core i7 config:

Cabinet - CoolerMaster CM690 Rs.4200
PSU - Corsair 750TX 750W Rs.8200
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R/UD4/UD5 Rs.14350/Rs.?/Rs.17650
Proccessor - Intel Core i7 920 2.66Ghz Rs.15300
HDD - Western Digital 2 x 500 GB Rs. 5750
RAM - GSkill 3 x 1GB DDR3 Rs.6375
Monitor - BenQ T2200HD 22" full HD Rs.9975

GPU - ? (Sapphire HD4870 1GB Rs.14600)
Keyboard, Mouse - ? (Logitech Rs.?)
DVD writer - ? (Samsung Rs.1200)

1. Alternative to CM690 would be the Antec 300, it's cheaper(Rs.3575) but you will have to buy extra fans for it and it's not as spacious as the CM690.
  2. GA-EX58-UD4 - first preference, buy it if available
  3. GA-EX58-UD5 - if you can get it in your budget
  4. 1TB Western Digital HDD is cheaper than 2 x 500GB by Rs.600
  5. I think you can import 3 x 2GB DDR3 RAM through KMD at about the same price.
  6. The prices I quoted are from theitwares which is in Mumbai. No idea about Kolkata prices but they should not vary too much.

The CM690 cabinet will keep the components cool. Overclock the core i7 to 3.0Ghz on stock cooling. Even without overclocking you will be able to play all the new games at highest settings. I didn't suggest a gpu because they bring out upgrades so frequently, so the winner for the "best high end VFM gpu" changes frequently.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
GTX 260 has more vfm than GTX 285 or 295.
EVGA GTX260 SC 896MB DDR3: 17k
Palit HD 4870 dual sonic 1GB DDR5 : 14.5k

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Alternative to CM690 would be the Antec 300, it's cheaper(Rs.3575) but you will have to buy extra fans for it and it's not as spacious as the CM690.
Therefore its not an alternate. it will turn out to be expensive once you buy fans with good cfm and you are comprimising space. i7 consumes lot of power and therefore it will dissipate lot of heat. Cable management and good power supply is a standard in this of age so better off sticking with cm 690.
I think you can import 3 x 2GB DDR3 RAM through KMD at about the same price.
Mind mentioning how much mhz as well? Spending so much on a 1333mhz isnt worth the money.
Overclock the core i7 to 3.0Ghz on stock cooling.
Not recommended. Better off with a better cooler but the user has to make sure he gets his hands on a LGA1366 bolt on kit since the heatsinks you get in the market are only with lga775/am2/2+
Even without overclocking you will be able to play all the new games at highest settings.
You are saying as if a stock e8400 processor isnt enough alongwith a good graphic card to play with high settings. The guy wants a gaming rig- not a rendering rig.
I would suggest if you buy an 8400+biostar i45 (or whatever)+ ccf120mm+ a good mid-to-high end gaming graphic card+ 4GB rams (its about time one shifts to 64 bit)+ tx650/tx750 e-ips panel Dell UltraSharp 2209WA+ good set of keyboard+mouse+ mousepad+ airy case like e8400+ good sound card and a good speakers and maybe a good headphones too. Even if the OP is a person who upgrade every now and then will be able to conserve lot of parts from the current system. Its just for gaming for crying out loud, considering the price its not worth wasting so much money on rams, motherboard and processor. And using a good graphic card on an inferior TN panel lcd screen is plain downright silly- especially with such a big budget. 70k is a lot of money especially for a gaming rig. At the end of the day- you want to play games to the full potential- not making benchmarking records :p. I have seen systems using full capacity of the i7 cores when it comes to distributed computing and rendering- alongwith other application is which takes complete advantage. Taking i7 now is not a feasible option in my opinion. Atleast after 1 year *if* you want to upgrade, all you end up upgrading is processor/mobo/rams and graphic card if necessary. By the time next year comes, ddr3 would most probably cross 2200mhz (as in it should come in India) and 1333 mhz/1600 mhz will be pretty much obsolete- not to mention more energy efficient and cheaper cores.

Last edited:
OP
Arnab boss

Arnab boss

In the zone
Thank u guys 4 ur suggestions,for the case how is thernaltake armor + mx, it is a mid tower case with good looks and air cooling...' I wonder all of the components will fit in there..., or antec 900 with 5 cooling fans...., these two r both mid tower case and price is within 7 two 8 k in kolkata...!

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Phenom II 920: 10.5k
Biostar 790FX: 5.5k
Corsair 2*2Gb DDR2 800 C4: 5.5k
2*500GB Seagate 32MB: 6.4k
CM 690: 4.2k
Corsair TX 650: 7k or VX 550: 5.8k
Dell 2" Ultrasharp: 13k
EVGA GTX 260 896MB DDR3: 17 or 48701Gb DDr5: 14.5k
Razer copperhead: 4.2k
Logitech G11: 3.5k
Creative X-FI Xtreme Gamer: 7.5k
Razer Mantis COntrol/Speed : 1.8k

A gud 5.1 of ur choice [mine wud be Logitech Z5500D: 18k or Klipsch Pro Media Ultra but is too expensive].

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
I would never recommend antec 900. Horrible case. You put tx750 alongwith other parts half of the case will be occupied by wires alone and therefore adding up to the heat. Put a tall tower heatsink and the clearance between the sidepanel and the heatsink is pretty scary. Is it really worth spending 7k just on a case in the first place? One rather buy a cm 690 and get good 61 cfm fans like scythe.

deadkiss 009

I like to FIFA
For processor in my opinion,if budget permits go for i7 set up, otherwise there is no better option building a AMD phenom II set up. (Mind that i7 set up requires ddr3 RAM, so this set up will cost u more even in RAM ). Now it's ur choice.

For monitor, take SAMSUNG 2233 if u play movies beside gaming, because it is full HD at 1920 resolution with 16: 9 aspect ratio which is best for HD content. But if u are devoted only to gaming then u may go for SAMSUNG T220 as it has faster response time of 2ms, which is a boon for gamers, although it has 1680 resolution and has a 16:10 aspect ratio which is not ideal for wathcing movies. In my opinion, go for 2233 as it is a more VFM product at 10k and is a full HD one.

For this kind of display resolution u must get a GTX 260 or better. And the better one GTX 275 is available in kolkata. U can get Palit or Zotac GTX 275 at 18k easily, so don't get GTX 260 which is merely 2k less with much lesser performance. Now in Kolkata only Palit and Zotac GTX 275 are available but I'm hoping that the picture will change at the end of the month.

In my opinion ur system should be this :

Zion 2*2Gb DDR2 800 : 2.8k
CM 690: 4.6k
Corsair TX 750: 8.2k
SAMSUNG 2233 sw : 10 k
GTX 275 896MB DDR3: 18k (prefarably EVGA or XFX)
Logitech G5: 3.2k

Total 80.2k ( If u don't buy the sound card then it will be 72.7k, so where is the scope of getting i7 set up which will cost u almost 18k more).

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
I see a lot of threads opened up in many forums which have ram problems and most of them have these substandard ones like ZION. Better off buying g skills or corsair xms2 cl4 latency 800mhz or cl5 1066 mhz. G skills are mostly elpida and powerchip ICs whereas corsairs xms2 are known to have powerchip Ics.

deadkiss 009

I like to FIFA
Ok then the revised set up should be this :

CM 690: 4.6k
Corsair TX 750: 8.2k
SAMSUNG 2233 sw : 10 k
GTX 275 896MB DDR3: 18k (prefarably EVGA or XFX)
Logitech G5: 3.2k

Total 82.9k

surinder

Tech addict
Therefore its not an alternate. it will turn out to be expensive once you buy fans with good cfm and you are comprimising space. i7 consumes lot of power and therefore it will dissipate lot of heat. Cable management and good power supply is a standard in this of age so better off sticking with cm 690.

Mind mentioning how much mhz as well? Spending so much on a 1333mhz isnt worth the money.

Not recommended. Better off with a better cooler but the user has to make sure he gets his hands on a LGA1366 bolt on kit since the heatsinks you get in the market are only with lga775/am2/2+

You are saying as if a stock e8400 processor isnt enough alongwith a good graphic card to play with high settings. The guy wants a gaming rig- not a rendering rig.
I would suggest if you buy an 8400+biostar i45 (or whatever)+ ccf120mm+ a good mid-to-high end gaming graphic card+ 4GB rams (its about time one shifts to 64 bit)+ tx650/tx750 e-ips panel Dell UltraSharp 2209WA+ good set of keyboard+mouse+ mousepad+ airy case like e8400+ good sound card and a good speakers and maybe a good headphones too. Even if the OP is a person who upgrade every now and then will be able to conserve lot of parts from the current system. Its just for gaming for crying out loud, considering the price its not worth wasting so much money on rams, motherboard and processor. And using a good graphic card on an inferior TN panel lcd screen is plain downright silly- especially with such a big budget. 70k is a lot of money especially for a gaming rig. At the end of the day- you want to play games to the full potential- not making benchmarking records :p. I have seen systems using full capacity of the i7 cores when it comes to distributed computing and rendering- alongwith other application is which takes complete advantage. Taking i7 now is not a feasible option in my opinion. Atleast after 1 year *if* you want to upgrade, all you end up upgrading is processor/mobo/rams and graphic card if necessary. By the time next year comes, ddr3 would most probably cross 2200mhz (as in it should come in India) and 1333 mhz/1600 mhz will be pretty much obsolete- not to mention more energy efficient and cheaper cores.
Agreed with you Every one is just simply suggesting i7,X58,DDR3 for gaming whats the point having them when we can do head to head with existing & matured stuff like phenom II x4 or c2d E8XXX. Let the upcoming optimized game titles for newer hardware to get available meanwhile these newer products will also get more and more feature rich and prices are also going to get down so at that point of time no VFM in core i7.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Bummer I got my tx750 from prime abgb, Mumbai for 7k last year :p. I would rather buy razer deathadder than the logitech ones. The so called rubber feel grip is like a thin sheet, so if you have a sweaty palm- or oily hands expect those gripes to get spoilt within a month's time. I would also recommend to get good mousepads as well since a good amount of money spent on those type of mouse are for mouse feet itself. I also dont see speakers but a sound card. Ditch x-fi gamer and switch to asus xonar dx+ altec lansing vs4121.
BTW its best if one stays away from seagate as of now. 7200.12 rpm drives seem to be failing and came in multiple forums- including the Indian ones. Although the actual cause of failure is unknown, as of now stick to Western digital green edition since seagate addressed issues 7200.11 rpm drivers after more than a year's time since its release. Western digital black edition is known to have high transfer rates but certain black edition hard drives have issues in terms of stability. Green editions take lesser power and one gets around 70-80 MB/s transfer speeds.

surinder

Tech addict
CM 690: 4.2k
Corsair TX 650: 7k or VX 550: 5.8k
Dell 2" Ultrasharp: 13k
EVGA GTX 260 896MB DDR3: 17 or 48701Gb DDr5: 14.5k
Razer copperhead: 4.2k
Razer Mantis COntrol/Speed : 1.8k

A gud 5.1 of ur choice [mine wud be Logitech Z5500D: 18k or Klipsch Pro Media Ultra but is too expensive].
(Dell 2" Ultrasharp: 13k@dOm1naTOr) Yes it should be ultra sharp for that size and a magnifying glass also should be supplied with LCD of this size specially at that price.:)):)):)) Sorry just kidding.

X-FI XTEME GAMER should be around 4.8K or even less nowadays I had purchased it in 4.8K six months ago.

Last edited:
OP
Arnab boss

Arnab boss

In the zone
Thanks guys....but I think intel i7 core will b a lot expensive and as I read in benchmark review abt phenom 2 940 it has beaten i7 core 920 in many sections and it is cheaper also...'

I went 2 the market today and found these rates ....,
Phenom 2 940 @ 12.2 k...
Asus m3n 78 t @ 10k
Seagate 1 t.b @ 5.5k
Corsair 2 gb 1066 @ 1.4k
Zebronics 700 w psu @ 3.3k
Thernaltake armor+ mx @ 7.2k
Samsung 2233 @ 10.2k
Xfx gts 250 1 gb ddr3 @ 10.5k

abv r the config my friend is interested,so any suggestion 4 the mobo , psu , gpu , ram , case. , and anything u like 2 change.. '

I don't need a sound card as it is inbuilt with the mobo, and he has a creativeinspire 5.1 sound system..

Guys I saw a keyboard & mouse bundle pack @ 1.2k , the co name is solitare and it is hardy and good looking can someone give me some info abt this....'

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
dun waste 10.5k for a 780G mobo.
Biostar 790FX can do lot more oc with CPU clock calibration technology.

and Zebronics Pro 600 series is lot better than older Platinum. Its review says its as reliable as Coolermaster or any other brand. search for zeb pro series PSU.

and GTS 250 is actually a scaled down version of older 9800GTX+.
Either get a GTX 260 or an HD 4870 1GB. i suggest Palit HD 4870@13k. dual sonic for around 14.5k
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
dun waste 10.5k for a 780G mobo.
Biostar 790FX can do lot more oc with CPU clock calibration technology.

and Zebronics Pro 600 series is lot better than older Platinum. Its review says its as reliable as Coolermaster or any other brand. search for zeb pro series PSU.

and GTS 250 is actually a scaled down version of older 9800GTX+.
Either get a GTX 260 or an HD 4870 1GB. i suggest Palit HD 4870@13k. dual sonic for around 14.5k

Last edited:

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
There's a slight problem locating Zebronics pro HEC OEM. Zebronics havent mentioned any UL number on the specifications sticker on the box and on the sticker. However if you have used older zebronics pro before, you will immidiately identify the HEC OEM since the built quality is way superior against the older zebronics model. I wouldn't recommeofficially recommend them since they haven't been tested on a load tester yet.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Agree that they havnt been tested by any gud sites.
im using a Pro 550 with my:
x2 90nm[power hungry] oced from 2.2 to 2.95Ghz
8800GT OC
3 HDDs
2 ODDS
sound card

*www.techenclave.com/reviews-and-previews/preview-zebronics-pro-series-600w-smps-132730.html

Last edited:

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Yeah I asked saiyan personally. He says its good. It has active pfc as well so once he gets it tested, cm 460w extreme series will be permanantly removed from the psu guides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom