Need Help to Build Core i7 Rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaxx89

Confused...???????
Hey guys looking to build 2 Core i7 rigs and need some suggestions please.

Ok here it goes.

Core i7 920 processor 2.66GhZ
Intel DX58SO motherboard.
Corsair XMS3 TR3X3G1333C9 1GBx3
Tagan BZ1100 1100W PSU
XFX GTX 260 896MB [ already bought]
Antec Nine Hundred Gaming Case

Oh and I dunno which Monitor to buy.
Already have one. And gunna use my old Keyboard mouse for both the PCS

Any sugestions on the cabinet or PSU and any good reasonable cooling solutions that I can add for the CPU especially.
I do not want my budget to increase but I am a bit open on that.
Tot budget 1.20L

OH and one more thing, is Prime ABGB a shop good enough to buy from. I mean Its on Lamington road and i've got ripped off many a times. so if anyone who has bought from here and can share their experience.

Thank you.

Last edited:

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
I am buying things from prime since I was 16- I am 22 now. Never had any problems with sales and after sales.
May I ask what is the system for anyways?

OP
Jaxx89

Jaxx89

Confused...???????
yeah i see Prime has quite a rep out here
btw both the machines are for graphics use maya, max and a bit of gaming of course.

but i'm still kinda confused coz the corsair 3gb is damn costly, shud be getting 6gb in that price actually....

Last edited:

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
^^ Yeah. Prime also bought a new place in Lamington road it seems. And speaking of costly so much money for 1333mhz isnt worth it and not to mention the latencies start from cl6. See if you know someone from U.S. who can source 1600mhz ddr3 rams for you.

OP
Jaxx89

Jaxx89

Confused...???????
thats the problem
i dunno anyone from the US
plus i am also confused about the mobo whether to go in for the Intel DX58SO or the
Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5
the gigabyte one seems better but really dunno

sohancool

Broken In
Dude get the GA-EX58-DS4 IMO. Its a great mobo at a great price, or for a cost effective one get the MSI EX58 Pro.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
^^ MSI seem to have thinner PCB against many boards out there. I would recommend gigabyte GA-ex58-UD5. A word of caution though- newer premium gigabyte board have a REALLY huge northbridge which seem to be an obstruction between an aftermarket heatsink and the northbridge. This was as issue in LGA775 board but it was resolved by either removing the gigabyte nameplate from the northbridge or by putting an am2 bracket (yeah its been done by a moderator @ TE forums which did make news on xtreme systems forum as well :-D). But I think LGA 1366 based board have some amount of clearence.
For this rig, Corsair tx750 is way more than enough. But best if you dont buy the antec 900 case. There is no access to do cable management and case is pretty cramped up. Best if you get a cm 690 with some good fans like scythe 110 cfm.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Intel DX58SO motherboard.
Corsair XMS3 TR3X3G1333C9 1GBx3
Tagan BZ1100 1100W PSU
Try:-

Gigabyte GA-EX58 UD3R @ 14.2k
Corsair TR3X6G1600-C9 6GBKit 1600MHz DDR3 @ 13.6k
Corsair TX650W @ 7.5k

Why go for 1100W PSU unless you plan on a GTX295? 40nm cards won't be requiring more than this 750W PSU I guess, unless they make 4xGTX 40nm cards LOLz.

OP
Jaxx89

Jaxx89

Confused...???????
well i am taking the PSU of 1100 to keep the PC future ready and yes maybe i might go in for the 295
and well any more suggestions for the chassis

and the 6gb kit or ram is way too costly plus i am in no way going to upgrade to 64bit os
not yet at least

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
^^ Well since you are not moving to 64 bit it doesn't make sense. The current c2d system do seem to run faster and much better compared to 32 bit OS. Moreoever majority of the drivers is pretty much as good as gone- atleast for vista as far as I know. Newer hardware work to the full potention on a 64bit OS. Since you said yourself that no way you are not going to upgrade to 64 bit- I suggest you to wait till you are ready to shift to 64 bit.

OP
Jaxx89

Jaxx89

Confused...???????
the thing is I dont really mind
but i need to have the application compatibility list of the VIsta 64 bit which i am finding it hard to find
especially softwares like
Adobe Photoshop CS3 and not CS4
3ds Max
Maya Unlmited
Microsoft Office
Nero

If these apps work fine on 64 bit os then i really dont mind

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
well i am taking the PSU of 1100 to keep the PC future ready and yes maybe i might go in for the 295
and well any more suggestions for the chassis
for the future, you won't be needing that much power, as components become smaller and less power hungry too.

If you do want something better, why don't you invest in a better mobo and higher frequency RAM instead?

OP
Jaxx89

Jaxx89

Confused...???????
as of now i am going in for the Corsair Dominator series 1600mhz RAM
and which better mobo
and dude then suggest me the power supply i shud go in for

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ I would go for Gigabytes X58 offering.

for Power supply, forget about 1100W. Get Corsair CMPSU750TX for 8k.

OP
Jaxx89

Jaxx89

Confused...???????
but will it support the config i have mentioned
i forgot to mention that it will have 4 SATA HDD's

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
That one comes with

2 PCI-E 2.0 x16 graphics interface with CrossFireX and SLI support for ultimate graphics performance
6 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors (SATA2_0, SATA2_1, SATA2_2, SATA2_3, SATA2_4, SATA2_5) supporting up to 6 SATA 3Gb/s devices
100% 50,000 hour lifespan Japanese solid capacitors design
Patented DualBIOS with dual hardware BIOS protection

OP
Jaxx89

Jaxx89

Confused...???????
then i think i'd rather go in for the Gigabyte UD5 and Tagan 800W PSU

btw can anyone tell me where can i get one of these cooling solutions max 5000 bucks

Vigor Monsoon III LT Dual 120mm Fan CPU Cooler Socket 1366 Ready
Thermaltake V1 AX CL-P0508 CPU Cooler
Cooler Master V8 Nickel Plated Copper Base Aluminum Fins 8 Heatpipes Core i7 1366 CPU Cooler - (RR-UV8-XBU1-GP) 3rd best
Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme 1366 RT CPU Cooler
Thermaltake CL-P0401 Volcano v1
Asus Triton 81
Nexus FLC-3000
Nexus FLC-3000 Quiet CPU Cooler
Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 Ultra Silent CPU Cooler
Cooler Master V10
Zalman CNPS9900 LED
Scythe Mugen 2
TermoLab BARAM
Thermalright AXP-140
Thermalright IFX-14 also 2nd best
Thermaltake BigTyp 14Pro
Silverstone FM123 fans for the heastsinks

Last edited:
OP
Jaxx89

Jaxx89

Confused...???????
is no one active
guys please help me
and suggest me some good monitor too low on budget so 19"

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
19" on a core i7 rig is not recommended. go for 22" atleast (samsung 2233sw and dell 2209w are available for 10k).

I don't think there is a need for aftermarket cooler. Invest that 5k into better processor and more ram.

PS: you should've bought a better graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom