Need help to build basik pc @23k

rupam91

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: Watching HD movies,MSOffice,Downloading,Casual Gamimg,Multitasking....

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: Yes

3. What is your MAX budget?
A: About 23k

4. Planning to overclock?
A: !!!

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: Windows xp

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: 500 Gb

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A: Full HD

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 3

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: No...ll take help from a assembler...

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: In 1 month.

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: YES

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: graphics crd....i will purchase it latter.....and dont need speakears

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: kolkata

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: aftr readng lot of threads i managed a config which suits my budget..here it is.........

AMD Athlon II X4 635 (2.9 GHz, 2 MB L2 CAche) @ 4K
Asus M4A78LT-M LE @ 2.6K
Corsair XMS3 1600 MHz DDR3 4 GB single stick @ 2.4K
Seagate 500 GB HDD @ 1.7K
LG SATA 22X DVD R/W @ 0.8K
CM ellit 310 @ 1.5k
FSP SAGA II 500W @ 2.1K
Dell IN2020M @6.5K
KB+Mouse=microsoft @.8K
Microteck 600VA UPS @ 1.2K
Total 23.6K

now tell me is this config ok????
waiting for ur suggetions....:|

I forgot to mention about size of monitor...i want 20"(1600*900)...@

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
You mentioned Full HD Monitor in Questionaire...1600x900 is Not a HD Res.

You can get Ripjaws 4GB for 1.7k odd. that will save you some bucks...

In your budget you cant get a Decent gfx to play games at HD resolution as Min req will be an HD 6770 and that will shoot your budget by 6-7K.

600 VA UPS Will help you with a PC which has No GFX but once you add a decent one I think it wont be much of help. Get a 800 VA for decent backup.

nbaztec

Master KOD3R
Your 23K Rig is well balanced, I tried adding to it but couldn't (except get a 4GB GSkill @ 1.3K, + 0.9K for DVD Writer).
I'd suggest you a 800VA if you get a HD6770 or greater
+ 2.4K for 800VA UPS (Microtek)
else
+1.8K for 625VA UPS (Microtek)

OP
R

rupam91

Broken In
Thnks a lot for ur suggetions Tech_Wiz and nbaztec....
I will go with the 800VA ups as it will hepl me when i wl purchase a gfx crd 1 yr latter...

That Gskill ram was also in my mind....will it surve same as that corsair ram??????

And in the case of monitor i lyk to go with tht Dell monitor...

any more suggetions...???

OP
R

rupam91

Broken In
Thanks a lot for ur suggetions Tech_Wiz and nbaztec.......

I lyk to go for 800VA ups as it will help me when i purchase gfx crd 1 yr latter...

GSkill ram was also in my mind....will GSkill RipJaws 4GBDDR31600MHz@1700 surve same as that Corsair ram..????

OP
R

rupam91

Broken In
Thanks a lot for ur suggetions Tech_Wiz and nbaztec.......:-o

I lyk to go for 800VA ups as it will help me when i will purchase gfx crd 1 yr latter...

GSkill ram was also in my mind....will GSkill RipJaws 4GBDDR31600MHz@1700 surve same as that Corsair ram..????

nbaztec

Master KOD3R
The Corsair RAM CMV4GX3M1A1333C9 is @ 1333MHz. But it should suffice since even 1600MHz ones default to 1333MHz unless you manually set them from BIOS.

Learn to edit your posts.

OP
R

rupam91

Broken In
The Corsair RAM CMV4GX3M1A1333C9 is @ 1333MHz. But it should suffice since even 1600MHz ones default to 1333MHz unless you manually set them from BIOS.

Then I should go for Corsair CMV4GX3M1A1333C9 1333MHz@1.1K
It will save my money too...

Learn to edit your posts.

I am new in this forum...so got some prblms in posting...

banskt

Broken In
If you want you can get the monitor Dell IN2030M from letsbuy.com before Diwali (its 5859.00), plus you can use some 10% off coupon - so that price will come down to Rs. 5274.00 - that saves you around 1.3k.

Now, you can go for Phenom II X4 840 + Asus M4A88T-M LE (or, Intel i3 2100 + Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2-B3)

Also, keep in mind that prices have increased recently.

Edit: I posted a thread on this - link

Last edited:
OP
R

rupam91

Broken In
Thanks guyszz...
I dont have credit card, so cant go for online option...I will check the price at local market...

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
You dont need a credit card for online shopping. You can transfer money online through internet banking also.

banskt

Broken In
Options of payment available at Letsbuy.com are as follows:

1) Cash on Delivery (for select locations)
2) Credit Card
3) ATM/Debit Card
4) Maestro Card
5) Net Banking
6) EMI for CitiBank customers

Top Bottom