Need Help: Putting 2.3 Custom ROM on X10 Mini

TheLetterD

Will Power
Umm Hey
I want to update a X10 Mini using [ROM] GingerDX | v021b | Gingerbread 2.3.7 | 29/12/11 - xda-developers

I havnt done this before
I need a step by step tutorial on how to do it, cuz the Installation guide provided does not help.
I repeat: I have NO IDEA WHAT ANY THING IN THERE MEANS, IM A TOTAL n00b ! (What does flashing mean? What does the dev mean by unlocking the bootloader?) ETC.

PLEASE some one help me! :cry:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Re: Need Help: Putting 2.3 Custom ROM on X10 MiniMini

things you need to do:
1. unlock the bootloader.
2. root mobile.
3. install custom recovery.
4. install custom rom.
5. enjoy the new mobile.

search for unlocking bootloader guide under development of Xperia X10 mini. once unlocked, rest of the instructions are given in the first post only. for installing custom recovery you must root your mobile & then install rom manager from market and select flash clockworkmod recovery from menu.

OP
TheLetterD

TheLetterD

Will Power

Which Files of the ones provided should I use?
GingerDX.v021b(nAa Kernel) OR GingerDX.v021(nAa Kernel)???
Also why Is a phone bricked?
When and where is it most likely that I will get stuck or where will a n00b face a problem?
This is my first time doing this. Please Help! :(

Update: Ive read XDA threads. But all of this is WAY too complicated for me!
Is there a guide that is preferably not VERY VERY LONG AND TIRING and can tell me A-Z How to Put GingerDX on my phone. By A-Z I MEAN EVERYTHING (Rooting, Flashing, Unlocking Bootloader etc.)

I am not a developer, neither do I have any interest in that field. So I guess if there is no guide to help me Ill use 2.1 Eclair till my exams after which Ill get a new phone.

:(

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

not much complicated. many members here use custom rom and hardly anyone here is a DEV. you just need to spend some time reading the instructions & understand basic android terms. once you flash your first rom, you'll gain confidence and then its full on flashing.

anyway its your wish :smile:

OP
TheLetterD

TheLetterD

Will Power

Hmm I See
But I repeat my question:
Is there a guide that is preferably not VERY VERY LONG AND TIRING and can tell me A-Z How to Put GingerDX on my phone?

I did read the FAQ thread you made, it was very helpful, although like you said there, its not a guide!
Is there any one else who can help?
:(

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
you'll have to search that yourself. as different mobiles have different rooting & unlocking procedure, so depends. but once that part is done, flashing custom rom part is almost same for all.

Top Bottom