Not open for further replies.
Hi! my cpu configuration is below--
amd athlon x2 260 3.2 ghz proceesor
4gb starlite ddr3 1333mhz ram
gigabyte 78lmts2p motherboard
xfx amd hd 6670 1gb ddr5
iball lpe223-400 smps
lg l1515s tft monitor

after installing the gpu..the temperature of cpu parts got higher from previous ones..
so suggest me some cooling devices(like cabinet fan etc..i dont know much)..
at a very low price..

Cilus

laborare est orare
1st of all, don't create multiple threads for each of your problems. Create a single thread, listing down all your problems and it will be easier for us to suggest solutions.
Do it asap, otherwise we have to close your threads.

Regarding your query, I think you are getting little getting panic. Why should CPU temparature will increase with addition of a Gfx card? There is no direct relationship between them unless you're having a real poor cabinet and placing the Graphics card has disturbed the Air flow.

Install a software called RealTemp. It will show you temparture of the CPU cores. Post two screenshots of the Realtemp window, one when you are doing nothing (Idle Temp) and another when you are running some intensive works (like playing games).

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ RealTemp is for Intel cpus only ;-) for AMD cpu users coretemp is the alternative though it can't monitor gpu temp so OP better use Hwinfo.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've used lots of HW monitoring apps and trust me on this : HWinfo is the best.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
use tinypic.com and copy and paste the forum link generated on tinypic after you upload an image.

OP
B

Bodhisatwa

Gunner
i can see that the memory clock speed of ram is 669mhz..is it ok?..my ram is of 1333mhz!!

also module density is shown 2048..but i have 4gb ram..

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
i can see that the memory clock speed of ram is 669mhz..is it ok?..my ram is of 1333mhz!!
It's fine. DDR = Double Data Rate. Real rate is half of the labelled frequency.

also module density is shown 2048..but i have 4gb ram..
This is also fine. Module density is different from the module size. See at top - module size is 4096 MB. Memory density = 2048 Mb.

MB = MegaBytes.
Mb = Megabits.

1 Byte = 8 Bits.

2048 Mb = 2048 Megabits = 2048/8 Megabytes = 256 MegaBytes. Each chip on your RAM is 256 MegaBytes.

Your memory size = 4096 MegaBytes. Number of chips on RAM = 4096/256 = 16 chips.

Memory Density * Number of chips = Memory size.

256 MB * 16 = 4096 MB.

Here are the temps(at idle mode)..

the gpu temps(at idle mode)..

Your CPU and GPU tempertaures are also fine.

My CPU idles at 48 C degrees. GPU idles at 55 C degrees. None are overheating.

One thing you are missing is, this is summer. Idle temperatures will go high.

Closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom