Need Help - Little health problem !

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Hello Pals !

One month before while working out in the Gym minor accident happened on my back , went to hospital heard i got Disc herniation ! 2nd day MRI results Shows - L5 S1 disc is dessicated & disc protrusion , moderate compression on the left side nerve S1 !

DOc said surgery , but many advised not to do surgery in back - am 25 years old only , i am getting improvement ! but the doctor said it ll take so long time for recovery - so surgery is best !

Need some opinions from u guyz ! does anybody experienced problem like this ?

waiting for suggestions :cry:

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
I couldnt understand the medical language..sorry for that..

But one of my friend had a problem while doing gym....his blood veins got blocked somewhere near the chest...situation was that he could not even take bath or do any work at ll with right hand...Doctor told that its developing a bloodclot and will get effected(tumer)...and he have to do surgery worth 30k

After taking lots of alopethy medicines for 2-3 months he shifted to ayurvedic medicine and at last recovered.

I think u should try everything...surgery should be last option...try homeopathy, acupuncture, physiotherapy...

Hope my story helps...Take care

sujoyp

Grand Master
but in any case u can not do gym for next 2 years I think...back is very important in every exercise...

Just check with a psysiotherapist or homiopath for some treatment...

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Consult a physiotherapist. They'll teach you some exercises and also perform some relaxing therapies.
Stay away from surgeries for the time being. They are always the last resort.

OP
damngoodman999

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
but in any case u can not do gym for next 2 years I think...back is very important in every exercise...

Just check with a psysiotherapist or homiopath for some treatment...

ya never lay my eyes on GYM , god i suffered a lot :x

Consult a physiotherapist. They'll teach you some exercises and also perform some relaxing therapies.
Stay away from surgeries for the time being. They are always the last resort.

ya these MS-surgeon doctors always prefer surgery @ first place ! i almost changed bed , chair everything !

taking rest whole time !

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
why do people do Heavy Exercises in GYM...which results in injuries...

@damngoodman999: don't choose surgery now...if things get out of control keep it as last option to choose.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
One of my friend has the exact problem. Not from gym though..some childhood injury now backfired on him.

I saw him very closely and I'm scared on seeing his condition. He had to be admitted to hospital as could not move and was under severe pain all of sudden..reason he just knelt a bit to pick up a broom!

The doctors told him to go for physiotherapy, surgery not now. Physio takes time to heal (really long...6 months to 1yr) but does its job.

Surgery had risks till couple of years ago (reported to weaken the muscles) but now its heard that the surgeries are safe now.

If you are too impatient...could opt for surgery.

BUT, before you commit for anything...consult 2-3 more doctors. Tally their advice.

Get well soon amd take care of your back.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
hi im a physiotherapist:).dont hesitate to undergo surgery if your doctor had prescribed it.i dont know how much severe is your problem,but since you said moderate compression i think you should really ask your doctor.usually if the symptoms are moderate or mild they will ask to do physiotherapy for some time and if u get better you wont need any surgery:).fyi the disc between your l5 and S1 is protruded and is compressing the nerves near it which mostly are related to the lower limbs ie legs which may cause back pain,tingling sensation,numbness etc.so better ask your doctor if u can try some physio exercises.if it helps,u wont be needing a surgery...hope it helped

OP
damngoodman999

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
@ Nanducob

Thanks for the info , i was recovered very long back with the supplements & healthy nutrition as well as swimming , running etc.... but i forgot abt this thread lot of people gave opinion for my health , thanks once again .

Now doing heavy weights at the gym , doing fine .

Top Bottom