Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi all,
I want 2 buy a new cellphone and after a lot of research and considering many phones, I have narrowed my options to two:
1. SE K750i (comes bundled with 64 MB mem and has autofocus)
2. SE W700i (comes bundled with 256 MB and lacks autofocus)

Which one should I go for? Please let me know as I am unable 2 decide. If I go for K750i+1 GB Mem+ HPM-70, will it be better than going for W700i and will this combination give me the same audio output as W700i?

Regards,

Pankaj

K

krazyfrog

Forget both of them. Go for 6233 and get a 2gb card. It has bigger QVGA display, stereo loudspeakers, EDGE, 3G, VGA video recording, etc.

sagsall4u

Journeyman
or better still. wait for the new SE phones to launch. W580i, W610 will fit ur req . if you cant wait, go for w700i

K

krazyfrog

K550i only has a slightly better camera than 6233. 6233 is better than K550i in every other aspect. Better screen, better loudspeaker, better keypad, better sound quality, better video recording. You can use 2gb micro sd card in it which will be much cheaper than the max 1gb of M2 thats available.

Pathik

Google Bot
krazyfrog said:
Forget both of them. Go for 6233 and get a 2gb card. It has bigger QVGA display, stereo loudspeakers, EDGE, 3G, VGA video recording, etc.
i agree...
a 2 gb micro sd (duplicate) come only for arnd 1100...

and if u decide to take the k550i then better take the k500im... price is almost the same..

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I saw the K500i in Sony World today, a real working model...well, the keypad is new for me cos I m used to by K750i keypad, but shockingly it is better to press it then my own K750i keypad :D, it was not that bad. Will take some days to get habitual. Atleast I don't have to press the keypads with thumb tip or nail, i was pressing the buttons of K550i with my finger as in the skin part & it felt better then K750i

You are in the market for new Phones. Forget K750i & W700i, there time is gone. They were solid models & still are solid models but now you better decide between 6233 or K550i. We do not know your budget

@ pathiks

K550im is of no use in India as i-Mode is not available here.

Last edited:
OP
uppalpankaj

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
I saw the K550i in the market today. I didn't like its keypad. No doubt the phone is really slim and light weight but its buttons are also very thin.

sagsall4u

Journeyman
in SE i wud suggest the walkman series for their earphones and the memory included . total VFM .. if u r a music freak the dont go for the k series coz the earphones suck

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
The bundled earphones in K series do suck, better buy earphones like HPM-70 or HPM-75

@ Pathiks

i-mode

OP
uppalpankaj

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
if i go for the k750i and buy hpm-70 earphones with it, will it give the same audio quality as of the w series.

Come on guys. Please post ur replies as I need to make the decision soon.

Last edited:

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
uppalpankaj said:
if i go for the k750i and buy hpm-70 earphones with it, will it give the same audio quality as of the w series.

Come on guys. Please post ur replies as I need to make the decision soon.

No, as W700 have different Software, but yes you can upgrade your K750i with W800i software so you will get same effect as with W800i/W700i.

OP
uppalpankaj

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
Is upgrading the software of k750i to that of w800i risky and after upgradation will the sound quality of k750i be equivalent to that of w700i/w800i?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom