Need Help in Ubuntu and Fedora 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

suyashpandit

Digit Addict
Guys I am windows Xp And Vista Ultimate User and i dont have any knowledge about other Os just like Linux, Mac, Ubuntu, rad hat, fedora

and i want to install them all one by one i hav 2 OSs Fedora 7 and Ubuntu from previous edition of digit:D

so guys i am totaly newbie for this can you please help me to install these os step by step details (which prob can be create)

and 1 more thing to say, when i was install to fedora 7 after few months ago i was paused (reason No knowledge) and i was restart my Pc and my Mother Board shows BIOS error and my Board was crased thats why i purchased new Mboard.....:mad:

any ways system configurations are
2.66 Ghz P4
640 Mb ram
128 Mb Nvidia Graphics
dvd rw
2 mbps Broadband

is this configs are ok??

Help Me to give Full Tutorial

New

Padawan
Btother, You have posted in wrong section..Please ask any questions related to Ubuntu and Fedora in OpenSource section...

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
@suyashpandit, Your configuration is OK to run Linux. BTW you cant run MAC OS X on ur PC, MAC OS X is a proprietary OS from APPLE INC. and can only be run in their own line of computers named Macintosh or Mac. :D

BTW, mods are requested to move this thread to Open Source section. :)

V

vaibhavtek

u must post that in QnA section..!! *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/s10.gif

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Nice english... :D

1st.) When installing OS there is no way you can damage your motherboard.

2nd.) Look Around the forum... In Open Source section u can find guides for every distro... See here
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42049

3rd.) Google the term "How to install ubuntu" click any of 1st 3 results.. You will get full step by step guide to install it... Ubuntu is easiest to install... Easier then windows. Even for someone who is a new to computers... (u must know english though to understand the instructions.:D)

Here is a step by step guide...
news.softpedia.com/news/ How-to-Install-Ubuntu-7-04-Windows-User-P-O-V-52973.shtml

and
Welcome to the world of Linux...

Last edited:
OP
S

suyashpandit

Digit Addict
Thanks For Info..

(my Eng.= i am Now in Muskut(Arebia) from my birth And i am Indian, i know Hindi And arbi and Lil. Eng.:( thats why i wrote silly eng. if u dont mind" main hindi main bhi baat kar sakta hu" my hindi is better than eng.:p )

You Guys tell me which os better Ubuntu or Fedora (By graphics and Look)

and i am using broadband connection Lan ADSL after installation can i use Bb in it??:confused:

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Its best to install Linux in a virtual machine so you dont do any damage to your system files and partitions :p
u must post that in QnA section..!! *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/s10.gif
Its very rude, vaibhavtek. He is newbie so instead of helping you are discouraging him.

OP
S

suyashpandit

Digit Addict
Its best to install Linux in a virtual machine so you dont do any damage to your system files and partitions :p

Its very rude, vaibhavtek. He is newbie so instead of helping you are discouraging him.

Thanks Harry

I am fan Of harry you also harry

thanks to all guys

Virtual machine?? can u help me about this, i dont know about that.

utsav

damn busy...
@suyashpandit, BTW you cant run MAC OS X on ur PC, MAC OS X is a proprietary OS from APPLE INC. and can only be run in their own line of computers named Macintosh or Mac. :D

. :)

u r saying this who himself is running mac on his dell lappy :D

mediator

Technomancer
Guys I am windows Xp And Vista Ultimate User and i dont have any knowledge about other Os just like Linux, Mac, Ubuntu, rad hat, fedora

and i want to install them all one by one i hav 2 OSs Fedora 7 and Ubuntu from previous edition of digit:D

so guys i am totaly newbie for this can you please help me to install these os step by step details (which prob can be create)

and 1 more thing to say, when i was install to fedora 7 after few months ago i was paused (reason No knowledge) and i was restart my Pc and my Mother Board shows BIOS error and my Board was crased thats why i purchased new Mboard.....:mad:

any ways system configurations are
2.66 Ghz P4
640 Mb ram
128 Mb Nvidia Graphics
dvd rw
2 mbps Broadband

is this configs are ok??

Help Me to give Full Tutorial
Pauses (Hangups) etc during install can happen due to bad RAM or corrupt installation disk, may be due to some other reasons too. So don't get impatient! BTW, why such an eye kandy in ur post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom